Delhi Metro Rail Corporation Limited (DMRC) has invited open e-tenders from eligible applicants, who fulfil qualification criteria for Annual maintenance contract of Dwarka Metro Depot (D-21 Corporate Park).
- Tender Reference Number: OCM-1374
- Name of Work: Annual maintenance contract of Dwarka Metro Depot (D-21 Corporate Park).
- Approximate Cost of Work: INR 251.42 Lakh
- EMD: INR 83,808 Thousand
- Completion Period: 03 Years
- Document Download / Sale Start Date: 02nd June, 2023
- Document Download / Sale End Date: 06th July, 2023
- Pre Bid Meeting Date: 09th June, 2023
- Bid Submission Start Date: 01st July, 2023
- Bid Submission End Date: 06th July, 2023
- Tender Opening Date: 07th July, 2023
- The objective of the contract is the maintenance of DMRC structures to keep restore or improve facilities and services to current acceptable standards and sustain utilities and value of the facility by the contractor (including without limitation, the maintenance and removal of the Temporary Works) and the rectification of defects appearing in Permanent structures in the manner and to the standards and within the time stipulated by the Contract.
- In full recognition of this objective, and with full acceptance of the obligations, liabilities and risks which may be involved, the Contractor shall undertake the execution of the Works.
Scope of Works:
- The contractor will execute the work i.e. Contract: Annual Maintenance Contract of Dwarka Metro Depot (D-21 Corporate Park). Annual Repair and Maintenance works enlisted in BOQ mainly contain the works of Routine Plumbing, Masonry, Carpentry and Steel works, for Maintenance of existing DMRC assets.
- Further this also include scheduled Painting and patch painting works as per instruction of engineer, Toilet maintenance and renovation works, RCC repair works, addition/alteration works, tile work, sanitary fittings work, leakage/seepage arresting works, Mild steel/PVC and other pipe work, wooden kitchen cabinet & wardrobe with all fittings and accessories, rectification of leakage/seepage from RCC structures, waterproofing of joints/surfaces, Bridge inspection and Maintenance work, Steel structure fabrication and erection, Stone work, Circulating area maintenance work, tank cleaning, defacement removal, debris, Scrap and malba disposal, and other works as described in items of BOQ and instruction of Engineer-in-Charge.
- The work is to be carried out as per relevant DMRC standards, Safety Circulars, Approved methodology, Standards Codes, CPWD Specifications, Material manufacturer’s specifications or as directed by the Engineer.
- The above-mentioned work shall be carried out with contractors’ own material, T&P & labour at all heights and lifts as per the specification & drawings if any.
Methodology of Execution of Work:
- Contractor should deploy necessary experienced personnel in the capacity of Site Engineer and Supervisors for inspection and supervision purposes. The minimum numbers of such personnel are mentioned in annexure-1 of ITT along with requisite qualification and experience.
- CV/resumes of these should be submitted to engineer for his approval before deploying/replacing them at site, however, contractors may be asked to suitably augment these numbers and type of experience required, based on work required to be executed during currency of the contract.
- Based on performance, the Engineer may ask the contractor to replace these Engineer and supervisory staff, and the contractor should comply with it.
- These experienced personnel should inspect each site covered under this contract regularly (minimum once in fortnight) and prepare a list of all defects observed, rectification of which are covered under the scope of this contract.
- Contractor’s personnel should submit these lists along with required rectification work and a reasonable timeline for completion of these works to the engineer or his representative for approval. Upon approval of the engineer or his representative, the contractor should take up necessary rectification work.
- Failure to achieve work as per mutually agreed timeline (delay on the part of contractor), will entitle employer for getting the work done through other contractor/agency on risk and cost of contractor.
- The contractor also needs to attend day to day complaints received from the engineer or his representative. Minimum necessary manpower should be available to take up any of these works or any other urgent work.
- In addition to these, the engineer or his representatives may assign to the contractor any additional renovation, alteration or modification works based on requirement. The agency should provide a reasonable timeline for completion of such work for approval of engineers.
- In case of addition/alterations, there may be a requirement of shop drawings/execution drawings, the same may be prepared by the contractor and submitted to DMRC for approval. In case of major construction/modification work with value of civil works more than 15 lakhs, shop drawings will be supplied by the agency for approval of DMRC.
- The contractor shall maintain a site order book at each site for recording, all such work assigned, and timeline committed and any instruction of engineer or his representative based on site condition in format as approved by engineer.
- The contractor should submit Monthly progress report of all work done in a month with current status and revised timeline, if any, to the engineer by the 7th of next month in writing. Contractor may also be required to submit daily progress as per methodology employed by the engineer.
- The Contractor shall attend regular coordination/review meetings convened by the employer/ engineer for interface and adhere to the decisions taken in the meeting. Joint visit at site may also be taken up by engineer and his representative with contractor based on requirement.
- The Provision of all necessary labours, maintenance equipment, instruments and appliances in connection with all above mentioned work are required to be provided by the contractor as specified or as directed by the Engineer-in-Charge or the representative of the Engineer.
- Contractor should erect all temporary structures as required for safety of permanent works being executed by agency and necessary signage and protection should be fixed to protect DMRC’s commuters and staff from injury.
- Contractor shall also be responsible for clearing the site after completion of work and handing over of all the works, as specified and directed by the Engineer in charge.
- Damage caused to properties of DMRC or other department or entity, if any, during execution of above work shall be rectified by the contractor at his cost failing which the cost of rectification shall be recovered at market cost of such items from the bills or performance security of the contract.
- The work shall be carried out with all safety precautions. The contractor shall ensure all his workers have Personal Protective Equipment (PPE’s) at his cost (not to be charged to the worker) and ensure safety of site by providing Barricades for restricting movement of public to work area.
- The barricade arrangement shall be approved by Engineer in charge keeping in view the overall circulating pattern of the staff/visitors
- Before taking up execution of work in restricted areas/stations, permissions may be required from site staff of DMRC, contractor shall deploy necessary manpower for obtaining such permission at his own cost.
- In case of failure to comply with the above conditions, a penalty up to Rs. 10000/- per instance may be imposed as deemed suitable by the Engineer.
- The tenderers will be qualified only if they have successfully completed or substantially completed similar works of which falling during last five years ending last day of the month previous to the month of tender submission as given below:
- At least one “similar work”** of value of ₹67.04 lakh or more, or
- At least two “similar works” **each of value of ₹41.90 lakh or more, or
- At least three “similar works”**each of value of ₹33.52 lakh or more
- Similar works for this contract shall be “Any work consisting of any of the individual or a combination of the activities like; construction, maintenance, repairs, painting, retrofitting of Residential/ Commercial/ Institutional Buildings of Metro/Railway station, Metro/Railway Depots/Staff Quarters in any operational Metro or Railway System”.
- If the activity of “painting” is a part of the whole work, the value of the entire contract will be considered in evaluation of work experience. If the work is largely for “painting”, such experience will not be considered.
- If the tenderer is a JV/Consortium having foreign partner(s) and above work(s) have been executed by the foreign partner of JV and the work(s) were done in the country of the foreign partner, then in addition to this the foreign partner must have executed works (which need not be similar in nature) of total put together of value ₹33.52 Lakh or more outside the country of the foreign partner.
Tender document can only be obtained after registration of tenderer on the website https://eprocure.gov.in/eprocure/app
Source: DMRC- Tender | Image Credit (representational): DMRC