Delhi Metro Rail Corporation Limited (DMRC) has invited open e-tenders from eligible applicants, who fulfil qualification criteria for Replacement of toughened glass glazing with aluminium fixed louvers at Laxmi Nagar and Preet Vihar Metro station and provision of aluminium fixed louvers at Noida City Centre Metro Station.
- Tender Reference Number: OCW-1449
- Name of Work: Replacement of toughened glass glazing with aluminium fixed louvers at Laxmi Nagar and Preet Vihar Metro station and provision of aluminium fixed louvers at Noida City Centre Metro Station.
- Approximate Cost of Work: INR 2,30,97,000/-
- EMD: INR 2,30,967/-
- Completion Period: 18 Months
- Document Download/Sale Start Date: 24th Aug, 2023
- Document Download/Sale End Date: 26th Sep, 2023
- Pre Bid Meeting Date: 31st Aug, 2023
- Bid Submission Start Date: 19th Sep, 2023
- Bid Submission End Date: 26th Sep, 2023
- Tender Opening Date: 27th Sep, 2023
- The objective of the contract is the maintenance of DMRC structures to keep restore or improve facilities and services to current acceptable standards and sustain utilities and value of the facility by the contractor (including without limitation, the maintenance and removal of the Temporary Works) and the rectification of defects appearing in Permanent structures in the manner and to the standards and within the time stipulated by the Contract.
- In full recognition of this objective, and with full acceptance of the obligations, liabilities and risks which may be involved, the Contractor shall undertake the execution of the Works.
Scope of Works:
- The work under this contract shall consist of, but not limited to, all materials, labour, equipment’s, tools, plants and necessary machinery as required to completely execute following works.
- The Contractor shall attend regular coordination meetings convened by the employer/engineer for interface and adhere to the decisions taken in the meeting.
- The contractor shall attend day to day complaints received from the petty repair book.
- The work shall be carried out during day/ night in block hours. No extra payment for work done at heights or during block hours shall be paid, except wherever specified in BOQ.
- To provide manpower for routine day to day maintenance as per BOQ and as per site requirement.
- Provision of all necessary labours, maintenance equipment, instruments and appliances in connection with all above mentioned work as specified or as directed by Engineer-in-Charge or the representative of Engineer.
- The contractor shall submit a material testing certificate at each site before starting work and Visit of Engineer/Engineer’s representative for going to the lab shall be arranged by the contractor at his own cost.
- The contractor shall plan & execute the work in such a way that the work proceeds smoothly to the satisfaction of the engineer.
- Defect liability period (DLP) shall be 12 months from the date of issue of completion certificate, for all the items supplied and works carried out.
- Any other item of work as may be required, to be carried out as per CPWD Specifications, for completing the job in all respects in accordance with the provisions of contract and or to ensure the structural stability and safety of the work during and after maintenance.
- CPWD Specifications will be applicable for methodology of execution of work for all DSR items.
- Clearing site after completion of work and handing over of all the works, as specified and directed by Engineer in charge.
- Damage caused to properties of DMRC if any, during execution of above work shall be rectified by the contractor at his cost failing which the cost of rectification shall be recovered at market cost of such items from the next R/A Bill / Final Bill of the work contract.
- The work shall be carried out with all safety precautions. The contractor shall ensure all his workers have Personal Protective Equipment (PPE‟s) at his cost (not to be charged to the worker) and ensure safety of site by providing Barricades for restricting movement of public to work area.
- The barricade arrangement shall be approved by the Engineer in charge keeping in view the overall circulating pattern of the staff/visitors.
- All regular minor and major repairs in the building/premises i.e. upkeep will be the contractor’s responsibility and it should be ensured by deploying his staff with instruction for frequent inspection.
- Further before attending the deficiencies he should inform concerned JE/ASE/SE/SSE/AEN/XEN so as to ensure quality and timely billing of work done.
- The scope of the contract includes periodical inspection of the premises by the Contractor himself, identifying the defects, making a proposal to the engineer, obtaining his approval and carrying out the work.
- In general, responsibility of the building/premises kept defect free and updated position will rest with the contractor.
- In addition, the defects noticed by DMRC officials will also be endorsed in the Complaint Book being maintained at the site which should be acknowledged by the representative of the contractor along with the indication of time which it would be attended to.
- Complaints of regular nature, if continued, will be considered as non-performance by the contractor.
- In addition, the monthly joint inspection will be carried out by DMRC officials and items identified should be informed to the contractor along with the specified time during which it can be attended. This will be an item of the regular check during the next monthly inspection.
- These items shall be recorded in Site Order Book and Progress Monitoring Register maintained at field office. All complaints should be recorded in this register and should be attended to within 24 hours of reporting or any reasonable time as specified.
- For other details please see Bill of Quantities. The contractor shall plan & execute the work in such a way that the work proceeds smoothly to the satisfaction of the engineer.
- Access will be provided to the staff of the contractor appointed by the employer for carrying out their works and bringing materials and Equipment at site. However, the security of materials and place for kept of material/Equipment brought at the site will be the responsibility of the Contractor.
- The Contractor shall take all necessary precautions to ensure safety of the staff, adjoining structures, materials & equipment and the work in progress as per the directions of engineer-in-charge.
- The tenderers will be qualified only if they have successfully completed or substantially completed similar works of which falling during the last five years ending last day of the month previous to the month of tender submission as given below:
- At least one “similar work” of value of ₹184.78 lakh or more, or
- At least two “similar works” each of value of ₹115.48 lakh or more, or
- At least three “similar works” each of value of ₹92.39 lakh or more
- Similar work for this contract shall be “Any work consisting of Fabrication and Erection of Steel and/ or Aluminium Structure.”
- If the tenderer is a JV/Consortium having foreign partner(s) and above work(s) have been executed by the foreign partner of JV and the work(s) were done in the country of the foreign partner, then in addition to this the foreign partner must have executed works (which need not be similar in nature) of total put together of value ₹92.39 lakh or more outside the country of the foreign partner.
Tender document can only be obtained after registration of tenderer on the website https://eprocure.gov.in/eprocure/app
Source: DMRC- Tender | Image Credit (representational): Unsplash