Dedicated Freight Corridor Corporation of India Limited (DFCCIL) has invited Expression of Interest (EOI) for Empanelment of Consultants for Indian Railways for the Consultancy Services for DPR/Detailed Designing/PMC Works
- Tender Number: HQ/ENWC/EDAM/1/2022
- Name of Work: EOI (Open Ended) for Empanelment of Consultants for Indian Railways for the Consultancy Services for DPR/Detailed Designing/PMC Works.
- Pre Bid Meeting Date: 15.03.2022
- EOI Documents will be available: from 04.03.2022
- Last Date of Document: 04.04.2022
- Ministry of Railways (Railway Board) intends to empanel eligible consultants/Firms for undertaking consultancy services for Project Management Consultancy Service for Indian Railway (IR) Projects.
- Scope of PMC services may include but not restricted/limited to the following services to successfully execute, within the stipulated completion period, the multi-disciplinary (Civil, Electric & S&T) Construction Works:
- Project Management support.
- Contract management.
- Claims Management & resultant dispute resolution using various ADR techniques (Mediation, Conciliation & Arbitration).
- Programme management.
- Project budget and Finance management.
- Dealing GST related matters.
- Day to Day Supervision of the Works. Ensuring Quality of the Works.
- Ensuring Work site safety and Monitor Safety, Health and Environment (SHE).
- Inspection/Testing and acceptance of the Material for incorporation in the Works.
- Checking, reviewing & certifying & processing of interim monthly Payment, other related Payments and Final payment to the Contractor, duly ensuring all the requisite recoveries.
- Environmental Management.
- Quality assurance and quality control (QA/QC).
- Stakeholder coordination.
- Endorsement and issue of Engineer’s Non-Objection Certificate to Construction Drawings.
- Testing and Commissioning of the Works.
- Support preparation of manuals for operation and maintenance.
- Support training of MOR personnel.
- Support of implementation of the action plan for labour protection, including HIV/AIDS prevention program, for construction workers.
- The Indian Railways’ quadrilateral linking the four metropolitan cities of Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai and Howrah, commonly known as the Golden Quadrilateral.
- And its two diagonals (Delhi-Chennai and Mumbai-Howrah), adding up to a total route length of 10,122 km comprising of 16% of the route carried more than 52% of the passenger traffic and 58% of revenue earning freight traffic of IR.
- The existing trunk routes of Howrah-Delhi on the Eastern Corridor and Mumbai-Delhi on the Western Corridor were highly saturated, line capacity utilization varying between 115% to 150%.
- Railways lost the share in freight traffic from 83% in 1950-51 to 35% in 2011-12.
- The growth of the Indian economy has created demand for additional capacity of rail freight transportation, and this is likely to grow further in the future.
- This burgeoning demand led to the conception of the dedicated freight corridors along the Eastern and Western Routes.
- Minister for Railways, made this historic announcement on the floor of the House in the Parliament while presenting the Railway Budget for 2005-06.
- This led to the establishment of “Dedicated Freight Corridor Corporation of India Limited (DFCC)”, to undertake planning & development, mobilization of financial resources and construction, maintenance and operation of the dedicated freight corridors.
- DFCC was incorporated as a company under the Companies Act 1956 on 30th October 2006.
Source: DFCCIL-Tender | Image Credit (representational): MoR