In a significant leap towards enhancing the convenience and ease of travel for passengers, the Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) and the Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) have forged a strategic Memorandum of Understanding (MoU).
- This ground-breaking collaboration aims to introduce QR code-based ticketing for DMRC services through the IRCTC portal, as part of the revolutionary “One India-One Ticket Initiative.”
- Under this innovative partnership, passengers who book online tickets through the IRCTC platform for railways, air travel, or buses will now have the added convenience of seamlessly reserving DMRC QR code-based tickets.
- These DMRC tickets can be reserved in sync with the Advance Reservation Period of Indian Railways. By integrating these services, passengers can now effortlessly plan their entire journey in one go.
- The DMRC QR code-based ticket will be seamlessly generated and printed on the Electronic Reservation Slip (ERS) of IRCTC, requiring a nominal platform fee of just Rs 5/-. This strategic integration aims to streamline travel experiences, eliminating the need for passengers to endure long queues and saving valuable time.
Speaking about this pioneering partnership, Smt. Seema Kumar, Chairman & Managing Director of IRCTC, emphasised, “The ‘One India-One Ticket Initiative’ is a manifestation of our unwavering commitment to simplifying the ticketing process and enhancing the overall travel experience for passengers in the Delhi region. Through the execution of this MoU with DMRC, we are diligently working towards bridging various modes of transportation, ultimately delivering unparalleled benefits to passengers.”
Dr. Vikas Kumar MD, DMRC, shared the sentiment, stating, “Our collaboration with IRCTC marks an exciting milestone for us, aligning perfectly with our mission to offer integrated and seamless transport solutions to our valued DMRC commuters. This initiative will not only contribute to a hassle-free experience for passengers but also significantly alleviate congestion at DMRC stations by reducing the reliance on physical ticketing.”
- With this landmark MoU, IRCTC and DMRC are poised to transform the landscape of travel in the Delhi region, setting new standards for convenience, efficiency, and connectivity. This collaborative effort stands as a testament to the dedication of both organisations to serve the needs of passengers in an increasingly interconnected world.
Source: DMRC- Press Release | Image Credit: DMRC