The Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi dedicated to the nation several rail sector projects worth around Rs 6,350 crore in Raigarh, Chhattisgarh. The railway projects include Chhattisgarh East Rail Project Phase-I, 3rd rail line between Champa to Jamga, 3rd rail line between Pendra Road to Anuppur and MGR (Merry-Go-Round) system connecting Talaipalli Coal Mine to NTPC Lara Super Thermal Power Station (STPS).
- Addressing the gathering, the Prime Minister remarked that Chhattisgarh is taking a significant step towards development as Railway projects worth more than Rs 6,400 crores are being unveiled in the state.
- He underlined that various new projects are being initiated today to expand the energy-producing capacity and improve the healthcare sector of the state. He also mentioned the distribution of Sickle Cell Counseling Cards on the occasion.
- He remarked that the improved rail network will reduce the congestion in the Jharsuguda-Bilaspur section of the Bilaspur-Mumbai rail line. Similarly, the other railway lines that are being started and the rail corridors that are being built will give new heights to the industrial development of Chhattisgarh.
- He said that upon completion, these routes will not only provide convenience to the people of Chhattisgarh but will also create new employment and income opportunities in the region.
- Union Minister of State for Tribal Affairs, Smt. Renuka Singh Saruta and Deputy Chief Minister of Chhattisgarh, Shri T.S. Singhdeo were present on the occasion among others.
- The Prime Minister’s emphasis on improving connectivity across the country will get a boost with the dedication to the nation of important rail sector projects worth around Rs 6,350 crores in the public programme in Raigarh.
- The projects include Chhattisgarh East Rail Project Phase-I, 3rd rail line between Champa to Jamga, 3rd rail line between Pendra Road to Anuppur and MGR (Merry-Go-Round) system connecting Talaipalli Coal Mine to NTPC Lara Super Thermal Power Station (STPS). The rail projects will provide impetus to socioeconomic development by facilitating the movement of passengers as well as freight traffic in the region.
- Chhattisgarh East Rail Project Phase-I is being developed under the ambitious PM Gati Shakti – National Master Plan for multi-modal connectivity and consists of a 124.8 km rail line from Kharsia to Dharamjaygarh including a spur line to Gare-Pelma and 3 feeder lines connecting Chhal, Baroud, Durgapur and other coal mines.
- The rail line, built at a cost of around Rs. 3,055 crore is equipped with electrified broad gauge level crossings and free part double line with passenger amenities. It will provide rail connectivity for coal transportation from Mand-Raigarh coalfields located in Raigarh, Chhattisgarh.
- The third rail line between Pendra Road to Anuppur is 50 km long and is built at a cost of about Rs 516 crore. The 98-kilometre-long third line between Champa and Jamga rail section is built at a cost of about 796 crores. The new rail lines will improve connectivity in the region and lead to an increase in both tourism and employment opportunities.
- The 65-km-long electrified MGR (Merry-Go-Round) System will deliver low-cost, high-grade coal from NTPC’s Talaipalli coal mine to 1600 MW NTPC Lara Super Thermal Power Station in Chhattisgarh.
- This will boost the generation of low-cost and reliable power from NTPC Lara, thus strengthening the energy security of the country. The MGR system, built at a cost of more than Rs 2070 crore, is a technological marvel for improving coal transportation from coal mines to power stations.
Source: PIB- Press Release | Image Credit (representational): South Central Railway