Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi will visit West Bengal on 30th December, 2022 to flag off Vande Bharat Express connecting Howrah to New Jalpaiguri. He will also inaugurate Joka-Taratala stretch of Purple Line of Kolkata Metro and lay the foundation stone of various other projects.
- The Prime Minister will flag off the Vande Bharat Express, connecting Howrah to New Jalpaiguri, at the Howrah Railway Station. The ultra-modern Semi High Speed Train is equipped with state-of-the-art passenger amenities. The train will stop at Malda Town, Barsoi and Kishanganj stations enroute on both the directions.
- The Prime Minister will inaugurate the Joka-Taratala Stretch of Joka-Esplanade Metro Project (Purple Line). The 6.5-Km stretch having 6 stations namely Joka, Thakurpukur, Sakher Bazar, Behala Chowrasta, Behala Bazar and Taratala has been constructed at a cost of more than Rs 2475 Crore.
- Passengers of southern parts of the Kolkata City like Sarsuna, Dakghar, Muchipara and South 24 Parganas will be immensely benefited by inauguration of this project.
- During the programme, the Prime Minister will also dedicate four railway projects to the Nation. These include Boinchi – Shaktigarh 3rd Line, developed at a cost of Rs 405 crore; Dankuni – Chandanpur 4th Line Project, developed at a cost of Rs 565 crore; Nimtita – New Farakka Double Line, developed at a cost of of Rs 254 crore; and Ambari Falakata – New Maynaguri – Gumanihat Doubling Project, developed at a cost of a cost of more than Rs 1080 crore.
- The Prime Minister will also lay the foundation stone for redevelopment of New Jalpaiguri Railway Station, to be developed at a cost of more than Rs 335 crore.
Source: PIB- Press Release | Image Credit (representational): Southern Railway