- From April-July 2023, freight loading of 507.7 MT has been achieved against the last year loading of 501.55 MT, an improvement of 1.23% over last year loading. Railways have earned Rs. 55459 crore against Rs. 53731 crore over the last year which is an improvement of 3.22% as compared to the same period last year.
- From April-July 2023, on cumulative basis, IR’s total earning has been approximately Rs. 80869 crore (including coaching, goods, sundry, other coaching earnings) against Rs. 75847 crore over the last year which is an improvement of 6.62% as compared to the same period last year.
- During the month of July 2023, originating freight loading of 123.98MT has been achieved against loading of 122.15MT in July 2022, which is an improvement of approx 1.5% over the last year.
- Freight revenue of Rs. 13,578 Crore have been achieved in July 2023 against Rs. 13,163 crore freight earnings in July 2022, thereby an improvement of about 3% over last year.
- Following the Mantra, “Hungry For Cargo”, IR has made sustained efforts to improve the ease of doing business as well as improve the service delivery at competitive prices.
- The customer centric approach and work of Business Development Units backed up by agile policy making helped Railways towards this significant achievement.
Source: PIB- Press Release | Image Credit (representational): South Central Railway