Freight earnings increased by 16% as compared to the same period of last year (Rs.91127 Crores). Railways achieved Freight Loading of 978.72 MT till November 2022, an improvement of 8% over last year loading.
- On mission mode, Indian Railways‘ Freight loading for the first eight months of this financial year 2022-23 crossed last year’s loading and earnings for the same period.
- On a cumulative basis from April –Nov. 22, freight loading of 978.72 MT was achieved against last year’s loading of 903.16 MT during the same period, an improvement of 8%.
- Railways have earned Rs 105905 crore against Rs 91127 crore over last year which is an improvement of 16% as compared to the same period of last year.
- During the month of November 2022, Originating freight loading of 123.9 MT has been achieved against loading of 116.96 MT on Nov. 21, which is an improvement of 5 % over last year.
- Freight revenue of Rs. 13560 crore have been achieved against Rs 12206 crore freight earnings on October 21, thereby showing an improvement of 11% over last year.
- Following the Mantra, “Hungry For Cargo”, IR has made sustained efforts to improve the ease of doing business as well as improve the service delivery at competitive prices which has resulted in new traffic coming to railways from both conventional and non-conventional commodity streams.
- The customer centric approach and work of Business Development Units, backed up by agile policy, helped Railways towards this landmark achievement.
Source: PIB- Press Release | Image Credit (representational): MoR