M/s Consortium of KPMG Assurance and Consulting Services LLP and TMA Global Consultancy FZE has bagged a contract from Uttar Pradesh Metro Rail Corporation (UPMRC) for providing “Consultancy services for outsourcing of Train Operation, Maintenance of Rolling Stock & Signalling System, Last mile connectivity for Kanpur & Agra Metro Rail Projects.”
- Contract Period: 06 Months (Approx)
- Awarded Value: INR 2.40 Crore
In October last year, UPMRC invited proposals for the contract KNPAGO&M-01. The Metro rail project at Kanpur & Agra are under construction stage at present.
The following three bidders were qualified for opening of their Financial Package in accordance with the provision of tender Document.
- M/s Consortium of KPMG Assurance and Consulting Services LLP and TMA Global Consultancy FZE
- M/s Consortium of SYSTRA MVA Consulting India Pvt. Ltd. (SMCIPL) and SYSTRA
- M/s The Boston Consulting Group (India) Pvt. Ltd.
According to the tender document, the services shall include:
- Tender packaging, preparation and finalization of tender documents.
- After evolving and assessing the current O&M Strategy and operating model for existing Indian Metro including global benchmarking of the O&M Models adopted by various metro systems to understand O&M and commercial best practices
- To design the right O&M Outsourcing Strategy for Kanpur and Agra Metro
- Assessment of cost model and development of cost model
- To design governance model and risk management by defining KPIs and metrics for O&M
- Developing a communication plan to reach out to key stakeholders to get inputs for O&M outsourcing scope and to understand the potential capabilities of bidders
- Developing the detailed terms of reference including scope of work, deliverables, defining the concessionaires selection criteria (Technical & Financial) and timelines for O&M outsourcing
- Designing and benchmarking of last mile connectivity for Kanpur and Agra Metro daily exercising utmost cost control measures in the entire bidding process.
Construction of Metro Rail is going on continuously in the city of Agra. In less than 6 months, Uttar Pradesh Metro Rail Corporation Ltd. (UPMRC) has completed piling in the elevated section from Taj East Gate station to Basai station of the priority corridor.
- Along with this, a horizontal beam is being constructed at Taj East Gate, which is the first station of the Agra Metro project.
- Three elevated and three underground stations are to be constructed in the priority corridor which is being built between Taj East Gate to Jama Masjid.
- Presently, the construction work is going on in the elevated part of the Priority Corridor.
- This section is divided into four sections, which are P4 (Dead End to Taj East Gate), P3 (Taj East Gate to Basai), P2 (Basai to Fatehabad Road ), P1 (Ramp from Fatehabad Road), including three elevated stations (Taj East Gate – Basai – Fatehabad Road).
- A total of 684 piles are to be constructed in the elevated part.
- After the inauguration of the civil construction work of the Kanpur Metro project by hon’ble CM of Uttar Pradesh, Shri Yogi Adityanath on 15th Nov., 2019, UPMRC is executing the Kanpur Metro project with remarkable pace.
- Strategic execution of the UPMRC’s engineers resulted in keeping up the pace of the civil construction of the 9 km long Priority Corridor (IIT to Motijheel), while implementing all the guidelines issued by the governments.
- Uttar Pradesh Metro Rail Corporation Ltd. (UPMRC), a 50:50 jointly owned Company of Government of India and Government of Uttar Pradesh has been reconstituted as per the approval of the Government as a single SPV by rechristening it as “Uttar Pradesh Metro Rail Corporation Ltd. (UPMRC)” for implementation of Metro Rail projects in various important cities in the State of Uttar Pradesh and has been entrusted with the responsibility of implementation and operation of the rail based Mass Rapid Transit System (Metro) in Kanpur and Agra cities where Metro projects have been recently approved by Government of India.
- The projects shall be financed through equity contribution from Govt. of Uttar Pradesh (UP) and Govt. of India (GOI) and a soft loan from International Funding Institutions.
Utility survey for Underground section:
Meanwhile, preparations for the construction of the underground section of Kanpur Metro have also been started. UPMRC team has started the investigation of sewer-water pipeline, electric cables, telecom cables etc. for the proposed Naveen Market Metro station.
- On 22.05.2021, metro engineers started this work from the Naveen market, under which the cables and pipelines, utilities, would be detected and diverted or shifted as required.
- For the construction of the underground section of Kanpur Metro, the first phase is to be constructed from Chunniganj to Nayaganj, under which 4 Metro stations; Chuniganj, Naveen Market, Bada Chauraha and Nayaganj, will be constructed.
- The length of this corridor is about 4 km.
Source: UPMRC-Tender Update | Image Credit (representational): UPMRC