The first Escalator of Siddhivinayak Metro Station of Mumbai Metro Line-3 has been set-up and made functional for testing. Speaking on this occasion MD, MMRC Mr. Ranjit Singh Deol, stated that “this Escalator has been made functional in a record time of 18 days and dedicated to the project on the auspicious occasion of Ganesh Chaturthi”.
- This Escalator is having capacity of carrying 7300 persons per hour at a maximum operational speed of 0.65 meters per second and 6000 persons per hour at lower operational speed of 0.5 meters per second.
About the project:
- Mumbai Metro Line-3 (MML-3) is one of such key projects to improve the transportation scenario in the financial capital of India i.e. Mumbai. MML-3 projects a 33.5 Km.
- A long corridor running along Colaba-Bandra-SEEPZ, envisages to decongest the traffic situation in Greater Mumbai.
- Upon completion, this fully underground corridor with 27 stations would connect Six business districts, 30 educational institutes, 30 recreational facilities and domestic as well as international airport terminals.
- It will have five interchange points for suburban railway and one each for Monorail and ‘Versova-Andheri-Ghatkopar’ Metro-1.
- Mumbai Metro Rail Corporation Limited (MMRC) is the nodal agency responsible for the implementation of Mumbai Metro Line-3(MML-3) project.
- It has been constituted as a JV of the Govt. of India (GOI) and the Government of Maharashtra(GOM) on a 50:50 sharing basis.
Source: MMRC-Press Release