Shri Eknath Shinde, Hon’ble Minister for Urban Development, Maharashtra Government, and Chairman of the MMRDA chaired the 150th meeting of authority on 23 February, 2021.
This meeting saw a budget with an Rs 12,969.35 crore outlay being approved. The budget makes special provisions for infrastructure projects like public transport and Metro railway. This will help reduce the traffic congestion in Mumbai and ensure that Mumbaikars have a comfortable and shorter commute.
- The MMRDA has earmarked Rs 250 crore for the Colaba-Bandra-SEEPZ (third corridor) of the Metro railway project being executed by the Mumbai Metro Rail Corporation (MMRC).
- The Metro rail routes 2-A from Dahisar to D.N. Nagar in Andheri and corridor 7 from Dahisar (East) to Andheri (East) are likely to begin commercial operations from this year and hence, they have been provided an outlay of Rs 700.65 crore and Rs 999.45 crore respectively.
- Similarly, the budget has provided an amount of Rs 4,571.25 crore for Metro Railway projects.
- An amount of Rs 329.30 crore has been provided for the Metro Bhawan and Metro employees housing, and provisions have also been made for the Mono Railway project (Rs 120.20 crore) and Mumbai Trans Harbour Link project (2,900.35 crore), late Balasaheb Thackeray memorial (Rs 100 crore), Bharat Ratna Dr Babasaheb Ambedkar memorial (Rs 260 crore), Bandra Kurla Complex (including the Kalanagar flyover) (Rs 60 crore), Mumbai Urban Transport Project (MUTP) (Rs 405 crore), Mumbai Urban Infrastructure Project (MUIP-Extended) (Rs 776.85 crore), planning and composite traffic planning for Metro stations (Rs 300 crore), development of water sources at the regional level (Rs 613.35 crore), Santacruz Chembur Link Road extension project (Rs 200 crore), project to improve the elevated road at the Chheda Nagar junction (Rs 60 crore), maintenance and repairs of the Eastern and Western express highways (Rs 200 crore), City Park to Maharashtra Nature Garden elevated hanging bridge (Rs 77.05 crore) and for other projects (Rs 985.35 crore).
- Similarly, allocations have been made for surveys and grants (Rs 175.35 crore), loan disbursement and fixed deposits (Rs 273 crore), capital expenditure for administrative purposes (Rs 548.60 crore).
- In the budget for the 2021-22 financial year, an expenditure of Rs 12,969.35 crore is expected and an amount of Rs 9,833.75 crore is expected to be received.
- The Authority has approved the annual report for the year 2019-20 and sanctions have been given for the extension of the Metro Railway 2-B (D.N. Nagar to Mandale) interchange and the Metro Railway corridor-7 (Andheri East to Dahisar East) interchange.
- The MMRDA also approved the appointment of a project management consultant for the surface topping of the Eastern Express Highway and for works on the Western Express Highway.
About Mumbai Metro Line 2A (Dahisar – D.N. Nagar):
- Metro Line 2A from Dahisar to D N Nagar is 18.589 km. long elevated corridor with 17 stations.
- It shall provide interconnectivity among the existing Western Express Highway, Western Railway, Metro Line 1 (Ghatkopar to Versova), the ongoing Metro Lines 2B (D N Nagar to Mandale) & 7 (Andheri (E) to Dahisar (E)) and the proposed Metro Line 6 (Swami Samarth Nagar to Vikhroli).
- It shall facilitate smooth and efficient interchange with the suburban rail system and MRT system at Dahisar and D N Nagar.
- It shall provide connectivity between the Western, Central Mumbai and the Northern suburban Mumbai.
Updates as on 06th Jan 2021:-
|Sr. No.||Name of Work||Status|
|1||Soil Investigation Works||99.80 % of the soil investigation work for Pier foundation is completed.|
|2||Utility Works||99.80% completed.|
|3||Piling Works||99.50% completed.|
|4||Pile Cap Works||99.10% completed.|
|5||Pier Works||97.50% completed.|
|6||Pier Cap Works||99.10% cast and 96.55% erected.|
|7||U Girder Works||99.85% cast and 94.40% erected.|
|8||Station Work||78.50% completed.|
About Mumbai Metro Line 7 (Andheri East – Dahisar East):
- Metro Line 7 from Andheri (E) to Dahisar (E) is 16.475 km. long elevated corridor with 13 stations.
- It shall provide interconnectivity among the existing Western Express Highway, Western Railway, Metro Line 1 (Ghatkopar to Versova), the ongoing Metro Line 2A (Dahisar to D N Nagar) and the proposed Metro Line 6 (Swami Samarth Nagar to Vikhroli).
- It shall facilitate smooth and efficient interchange with the suburban rail system and MRT system at Andheri, JVLR and Dahisar.
- It shall provide connectivity between the Central Mumbai and the Northern suburban Mumbai.
- It shall provide rail based access to the Mumbai International Airport (CSIA), SEEPZ, National Park and other commercial and geographical landmarks.
Updates as on 01th Feb 2021:-
|Sr. No.||Name of Work||Status|
|1||Soil Investigation Works||100 % of the soil investigation work for Pier foundation is completed.|
|2||Utility Works||99.5% completed.|
|3||Piling Works||100% completed.|
|4||Pile Cap Works||100% completed.|
|5||Pier Works||99% completed.|
|6||Pier Cap Works||96 % Cast and 93 % Erected.|
|7||U Girder Works||95 % Cast and 87 % Erected.|
|8||I Girder Works||85 % Cast and 70 % Erected.|
|9||Deck Slab (Via)||77% completed.|
|10||Station Work||83.02% completed.|
Source: MMRDA-Press Release | Image Credit: MMRDA