Gandhi Maidan underground metro station of Patna Metro Rail Project will serve as a lifeline to the transportation for one of the busiest localities of the city; the ‘Hub’ of the new Patna with main market area starting from Ashok Rajpath. The 202m long underground metro station is located near Gandhi Maidan and Kargil Chowk.
- Gandhi Maidan is the hub of the city with the major market area, administrative office of Government of Bihar, important buildings and colleges like Bapu Sabhagar, Gyan Bhawan, S.K Memorial, Gandhi Maidan Ground, Red- Cross Society and Magadh Mahila college etc.
- Hence this underground metro station has been meticulously planned to facilitate seamless and hassle-free commuting. With nearest metro stations at Akashvani and PMCH UG Metro stations this station will ease the traffic load in one of the busiest areas of the city.
- A Two-level underground metro station:
- It will have two levels: With Concourse on level one and platform on level two.
- Ticketing and other commuter-centric facilities will be available at concourse level.
- The Station will have Three Entry/Exit gates:
- Entry/Exit-1 will be in front of Red- Cross Society, Patna city Branch near Magadh Mahila college.
- Entry/Exit-2 will be near Patna Collectorate approach road near present Bankipur Bus stand.
- Entry/Exit-3 will be in front of Gandhi Maidan near Kali Mandir
- Two lifts have also been provided at Entry/Exit-2 & 3 keeping in mind the needs of specially differently abled persons and senior citizens.
Facilities for passengers:
- The station has been planned with seven Escalators & five staircases for public usage, out of which one escalator and one staircase will be provided at each Entry/Exit for Entry of the passengers into station premises and four escalator and two staircases will be provided for movement of passengers from concourse to platform level.
Arrangements for emergency situations:
- In case of any emergency situation, the station is proposed to have two fire escapes (staircase) for public usage. By using these passengers will be evacuated from platform to concourse and from there any of three Entry/Exits can be taken to exit station premises.
- One firemen staircase (separately) is also there for Firefighters to enter station premises during Emergency situations.
- It may be noted that Patna Metro is adopting multi-modal integration in addition to Mass Rapid Transit System (MRTS) for the convenience of passengers so as to offer people hassle free travel.
- With the start of the Metro in the city, people will be inclined towards public transports. Metro will not only be cheaper and convenient but it will also reduce pollution too as it will bring down the number of vehicles on the road.
Source: Patna Metro- Press Release | Images Credit: Patna Metro