RITES Limited, a Public Sector Enterprise under the Ministry of Railways, has invited tenders (in three contract packages) from working Architects and Design Consultants for the work of “Appointment of Technical Consultant for providing engaging Sub-consultants for topographical survey and collection of data and preparation of drawings for doing detailed design and estimates at existing Level crossing locations on the proposed 4 corridors of Bangalore Suburban Railway of K-RIDE, Karnataka”.
- The three Contract Packages are:
- Time for Completion: The time allowed for completion will be 60 days
- Bid submission Start Date & Time: 07.06.2021, 14:00 hours
- Bid submission End Date & Time: 14.06.2021, 14:00 hours
- Bid Opening Date & Time: 15.06.2021, 17:00 hours
KRIDE was incorporated as a joint venture between the Government of Karnataka and the Ministry of Railways. K RIDE is entrusted with the responsibility of execution of Bangalore Suburban Railway Project. The project comprises of four Corridors at a total length of 148.17 km.
|From – to
|Number of Stations
|KSR Bengaluru to Devanahalli
|Baiyappanahali to Chikkabanavara
|Kengeri to Whitefield
|Heelalige to Rajanakunte
The proposed four corridors lines are expected to provide much needed last mile connectivity to the commuters and also traverse through some of the densest and traffic congested areas of the city, and are expected to bring connectivity to the Information Technology Industry.
Scope of Work:
Topographic Survey & Allied Activities:-
- Topographic survey and generation of Topographic map over 1KM length on either side of the LC.
- Generation of Land plan at each LC location
- Generation of existing Utility map at each LC location
- GAD preparation
- Drainage arrangement drawing
- Generation of traffic Diversion plan
- Drawing up a comparative statement of carbon footprint (The cost for this work was suggest as Rs. 10,000/- per location by the consultant to the Project Coordinator over telephonic conversation and the same has been considered in the budgetary estimate)
Scope of the services shall cover:
- Before proceeding with the proposal of the foundations, sub and super structure, the contractor shall make a detailed presentation to KRIDE and a panel of experts nominated by K-RIDE, on the advantages and disadvantages (including cost, time and ease of construction) of the type of spans in the superstructure that can be adopted (such as precast prestressed segmental spans or full span precast prestressed structure or composite spans etc.).The proposed presentation will also have a section devoted to a detailed topography survey of the current practice in India with regard to the superstructure adopted in various Metro, Railways (including RVNL, IRCON, DFC and NCRTC) and Road projects across the country.
- The Schedule of Dimensions that will aid in the preparation of the general arrangement of the structures will be drawn up by the contractor and approved by K- RIDE.
- While the approach to the proposed GAD of sub and super structure of elevated stretches (ROB), Road Under Bridges (RUB) in the at-grade stretches will be as per relevant codes and rules of the Indian Railways viz. IRS Bridge Sub-Structures & Foundation Code, IRS Steel Bridge Code, IRS Concrete Bridge Code, IRS Welded Bridge Code and IRS Bridge Rules, live loads like that due to rolling stock (axle loads, tractive effort and braking force) etc.
- The design and drawings of ROB/RUB shall be governed by the relevant IRC specifications and special publications.
- For design of foundations and sub structure, the contractor shall consider the results of the Geotechnical investigation and ensure that the loads and stresses on the bearing strata are within limits. The contractor will be given the geotechnical assessment report and geotechnical design reports of the Suburban Corridors by KRIDE.
- The contractor shall prepare the General Arrangement Drawings (GAD) as well as the Good for Construction (GFC) drawings in the case of RCC and PSC construction and fabrication drawings in the case of steel structures for the elevated stretches including approach ramps.
- Wherever design of structure is not done for example in station areas, road/ metro, Rail crossings or any other reasons, the length of such corridors shall not be included for payment. The designs and drawings shall cover foundations, sub and super structure.
- The scope of the work will cover preparation of GAD for the Road Over/Road Under Bridges as detailed in BOQ. It shall include the drawings of approach ramps, abutment and approach slabs at the end of earthen stretches.
- The contractor shall prepare the GAD drawing.
- The GAD shall be got approved by not only K RIDE but also by CBE/SWR and CRS/Southern Circle and State Govt also where applicable.
- The work of the sub consultant will not extend into the construction phase. They shall submit five hard copies of all submissions and one soft copy in various formats as decided by K RIDE/ RITES for use and alterations at the time of construction.
All bidders are advised to see the website https://etenders.gov.in/eprocure/app for extension of deadline for submission of tenders and /or the bid opening date.
Source: RITES-Tender | Image Credit: K-RIDE