Share with your network
Rail Vikas Nigam Limited (RVNL) has been awarded a contract for Design, supply and commissioning of ballastless track from Sarthana to Dream city in elevated and underground sections for corridor-1, Surat Metro rail project, Phase-1.
Details of the contracts awarded are as under:
- Letter of Acceptance received from Gujarat Metro Rail Corporation (GMRC) Ltd. to “Rail Vikas Nigam Limited- ISC Projects Private Limited JV” for “Design, supply , Installation, Testing and Commissioning of Ballastless Track from Sarthana to Dream city in Elevated and Underground Sections including Connecting Lines to Depot along with Ballasted/Ballastless/ Embedded Standard Gauge Track for Corridor-1, Surat Metro Rail Project, Phase-1”.
- The accepted contract amount is Rs. 1,66,26,56,210/- excluding GST and custom duties.
- Time period by which the order is to be executed is 22 Months.
About Surat Metro Rail Project:
- Surat with a population of around 60 lakhs is the fastest growing city in India.
- The city has no Mass Rapid Transportation System (MRTS), thus GoI and GoG decided to provide an MRTS facility in Surat.
- Phase-I of Surat Metro Rail Project, with a total length of 40.35 kms comprises two corridors.
- Length of Corridor-1 is 21.61 kms and Corridor-2 is 18.74 kms with an estimated completion cost of project Rs.12,020 crore.
The Project has two distinct corridors, with double track as under:
- Corridor-1: Sarthana to Dream city: This corridor provides metro connectivity to Gadhpur Township, Sarthana Nature Park, Nana Varachhe village, Kalakunj Junction, Kapodra and Punavillage, Labheshwar Chowk area, Big Diamond Market (Mini Bazar) of Surat, Retail Sari Market, Surat Railway Station, Muskati Hospital, Bhagal junction, Gandhi Bagh, Chowk Bazar, Majura Gate, Roopali Canal, Altha Treatment, Althan Gram, VIP road Women IIT,Bhimrad, Convention City and Dream City.
- Corridor-2: Bhesan to Saroli: Prominent areas like Bhesan Treatment Plant, International Cricket Stadium, SMC Botanical Garden, Palanpur, LP Savani School, Performing Art Centre, TGB Circle, Aquarium, Badri Narayan Temple, Star Bazar, Tapi River, Athawa Chopati, Majura Gate, UdhanaDarwaja, Kamala Darwaja, Anjana Junction, Parvat Pataya, Magub Village, Bharat Cancer Hospital, Saroli, etc. are connected through this route.
- The company began its operation in 2005 with the appointment of a Board of Directors.
- The company was granted Miniratna status in September 2013.
- RVNL has been rated “Excellent” for the 9 successive years by the Department of Public Enterprises.
- RVNL has also been ranked 1st amongst the Railway PSEs for the 4 times out of the last 5 years.
- The turnover of the company for the financial year 2019-20 has increased by 44.44%.
- The authorised share capital of the company is Rs. 3000 cr. with paid up share capital of Rs. 2085 cr.
- The company has been listed after its disinvestment of its stake of 12.16% of the company through IPO.
Source: RVNL- Press Release | Image Credit (representational): GMRC
Be the first to comment