Rail Vikas Nigam Limited (RVNL) emerges as the lowest bidder (L1) from MMRCL for “Design and Construction of Elevated Metro Viaduct of length 6.92 km between Ch. (-) 657.182 m to Ch. (-) 7576.78 m in Reach 2A of Nagpur Metro Rail Project, Phase-2.”
- In terms of Regulation 30 of the Securities and Exchange Board of India (Listing Obligations and Disclosure Requirements) Regulations 2015, it is hereby informed that Rail Vikas Nigam Limited) emerges as the Lowest Bidder (L1) from Maharashtra Metro Rail Corporation Limited (MMRCL) for “Design and Construction of Elevated Metro Viaduct of length 6.92 km between Ch. (-) 657.182 m to Ch. (-) 7576.78 m in Reach 2A of NMRP Phase-2.”
- The cost of project is: INR 394,89,84,782/-
- Period of Completion: 30 months
About Nagpur Metro Phase-2
- The detailed project report (DPR) of Nagpur Metro Phase-II for extending the existing 4 corridors of Phase-I is being examined by the Prime Minister’s Office (PMO). Soon it will be put up before the Union Cabinet.
- The 43.8 km Phase-II shall extend to Kanhan in North, Butibori MIDC in South, Transport Nagar (Kapsi) in East and Hingna in West.
- Comprises 1.2 km at-grade with 2 stations and 42.6 km elevated with 30 stations.
- Will connect the satellite cities like Transport Hub at Kapsi, Industrial areas of Hingna and Butibori and Mining areas at Kanhan.
- With only one interchange at Sitabuldi Nagpur Metro Rail Project Phase-II is scheduled to be completed in 2026.
- It consists of following 4 extensions of 2 corridors of Phase I, totaling 43.8 km:
- MIHAN – MIDC ESR – 18.6 km
- Automotive Square – Kanhan River – 13.0 km
- Prajapati Nagar – Kapsi – 5.5 km
- Lokmanya Nagar – Hingna – 6.7 km
- Phase-II will connect the satellite cities of Nagpur and highly benefit a population of over 10 lakh residing in these areas. When it is operational, the total length of Nagpur Metro project will be 82 km.
- The Kanhan route passes through Kamptee, which is a big town and thousands of residents commute to Nagpur for work and education. They will be able to reach all corners of Nagpur fast using the Metro. Several coal mines of Western Coalfields Limited (WCL) are located near Kanhan.
- Butibori is the biggest industrial estate in Nagpur district and thousands of Nagpurians work in the estate. There are about 750 units in Butibori, which employ around 50,000 people. The Metro will provide a fast mode of commuting to their factories.
- Hingna is a fast developing town adjoining Nagpur. Kapsi has an industrial estate and is a transport hub.
- The 2 phases will collectively lead to an investment of Rs 15,388 crore. There will be a substantial increase in ridership after the Phase-II of Nagpur Metro is operational.
- The total ridership of the 2 phases after completion of Phase II is expected to be 5.5 lakh daily. This is expected to increase to 6.3 lakh in 2031 and 7.7 lakh in 2041.
- The company began its operation in 2005 with the appointment of a Board of Directors.
- The company was granted Miniratna status in September 2013.
- RVNL has been rated “Excellent” for the 9 successive years by the Department of Public Enterprises.
- RVNL has also been ranked 1st amongst the Railway PSEs for the 4 times out of the last 5 years.
- The turnover of the company for the financial year 2019-20 has increased by 44.44%.
- The authorised share capital of the company is Rs. 3000 cr. with paid up share capital of Rs. 2085 cr.
- The company has been listed after its disinvestment of its stake of 12.16% of the company through IPO.
Source: RVNL- Press Release | Image Credit (representational): Nagpur Metro