Share with your network
The New Broad Gauge Non- Electrified Main line between Krishna –Maganoor stations for a distance of 12.7 Kms has been completed and commissioned as part of Mahabubnagar – Munirabad new line project.
- This important stretch is the border belt of Telangana & Karnataka States. The section between Mahabubnagar – Devarkadra is already an existing line in Secunderabad – Kurnool Section and the new line takes off from Devarkadra.
- With the completion of the final stretch between Maganoor – Krishna, the entire SCR portion of Mahabubnagar – Munirabad New line project i.e., Devarkadra – Krishna for a distance of 66 Kms is completed and commissioned.
- Mahabubnagar – Munirabad New Line project for 243.5 Kms is sanctioned with latest estimated cost of Rs 3543 Crores. The section between Devarkadra – Krishna for a distance of 66 Kms is executed by South Central Railway at a revised estimated cost of Rs 943 Crore.
- The section between Devarkadra – Jaklair for 28.3 Kms is completed in March 2017, the section between Jaklair – Makthal for 11.5 Kms in August 2020 and the stretch between Makthal – Maganoor for 13.3 Kms is completed in March 2022. Now the final stretch between Maganoor – Krishna for 12.7 Kms is completed and with this, the entire SCR portion is completed.
- The section between Devarkadra and Krishna will now become the most accessible route to many important cities of Southern States like Raichur, Guntakal, Bellary, Hubli, Goa from Hyderabad.
- Iron ore and other bulk commodities such as Cement, Steel etc., which are now being moved in other routes can now be transported this alternate route. The project will help in expanding the rail network between Hyderabad and the Mining belt of Karnataka, benefitting both the Passenger and goods traffic.
Shri Arun Kumar Jain, General Manager, South Central Railway has congratulated all the team of Officials and staff of Construction department and Hyderabad Division in completion of this vital project of Telangana region. He opined that completion of this project has paved way for connecting new areas and helps in introduction of more passenger trains along with operation of freight trains.
Source: South Central Railway- Press Release | Images Credit: South Central Railway
Be the first to comment