There has been a massive increase in Budget Grant for railways in West Bengal, Jharkhand and Odisha in 2023-24.
- In this budget there has been a record allocation of Rs.11,970 crores for West Bengal against the average allocation of Rs.4,380 crores during the period from 2009 to 2014.
- In this current budget, the total outlay for railways modernization and expansion in Jharkhand is Rs.5,271 crores against the average outlay of RS.457 crores during 2009 to 2014.
- For Odisha there has been a total allocation of Rs.10,012 crores for 2023-24 against the average outlay of Rs.838 crores during 2009 to 2014.
- In West Bengal, total 93 stations will be re-developed under the “Amrit Bharat Station” scheme, whereas in Jharkhand and Odisha 57 stations each will be re-developed.
- Ms. Archana Joshi, General Manager, South Eastern Railway was present at SER Headquarters, Garden Reach during the video conference of Hon’ble Railway Minister. GM highlighted the achievements of SER during the current financial year and also briefed the media about the budget proposals.
- For SER, in Budget Grant 2022-23, the Total Gross CAPEX was Rs.7,168.52 crores whereas in Budget Grant 2023-24, the Total Gross CAPEX is Rs.8,671.16 crores. As a result, there has been an increase of 20.96% in the current budget.
Addressing a press meet through video conferencing from New Delhi, Hon’ble Railway Minister Shri Ashwini Vaishnaw said that there has been complete transformation of Railways in the last 8 years and highlighted budget grants pertaining to railways in different States for the current financial year.
Source: South Eastern Railway- Press Release | Image Credit (representational): SER