Uttar Pradesh Metro Rail Corporation (UPMRC) Limited has invited open e-tenders for Licensing of exclusive advertising rights on outside civil structures of elevated sections from Taj East Gate to Fatehabad Road Metro Stations of Agra Metro Rail in UPMRC network as per scope of work mentioned in tender document.
- Tender Reference Number: AGAR-02
- Name of Work: Licensing of exclusive advertising rights on outside civil structures of elevated sections from Taj East Gate to Fatehabad Road Metro Stations of Agra Metro Rail in UPMRC network as per scope of work mentioned in tender document.
- EMD: INR 9.30 Lakhs
- Document Download / Sale Start Date: 04th July, 2023
- Document Download / Sale End Date: 04th September, 2023
- Bid Submission Start Date: 28th August, 2023
- Bid Submission End Date: 04th September, 2023
- Bid Opening Date: 05th September, 2023
- To augment non-operational revenue of UPMRC through advertisements by:
- Positioning Agra Metro as a most sought after location for advertising.
- Contributing to the aesthetic view of the Agra Metro through high quality advertising comparable to world class Airports & Metro Railways and other leading destinations.
- Providing value to the Corporate who advertises in Agra Metro.
- Promoting Agra Metro as the gateway to Agra Tourism by highlighting Agra’s heritage and cultural beauty.
Scope of Work:
For Advertisement Rights on Outside Civil Structures:
- UPMRC hereby agrees to provide (on as is where is basis) bare advertising spaces on outside civil structures (As per Annexure-1) on (Elevated) Section from Taj East Gate to Fatehabad Road Metro Station of Agra Metro Rail in UPMRC network, to be identified by Licensee.
- Licensee shall ensure that all these advertisement panels conform to UPMRC specifications. Panels fabricated, installed and commissioned after approval of UPMRC, hereinafter referred to as “Advertisement Spaces”, solely for the purpose of carrying out the business of placement of advertisements herein referred to as “the said business”.
In General Licensee shall be responsible for the following activities:
- Preparation of an advertising plan for outside civil structures, which must clearly earmark exact locations and type of advertisement planned for each advertising site and other relevant details.
- UPMRC shall consider the plan with respect to aesthetics, operational feasibility, safety and security concerns. If the part of plan is not approved by UPMRC, Licensee is required to submit revised plan for approval. All further modification/ revision to plan shall be approved by UPMRC.
- Designing of all advertising units/structures to complement station architecture for advertising sites.
- The advertiser shall provide the advertisement as per their requirement, subsequent to the approval of UPMRC, as stipulated.
- Appoint an architect to interact with nodal UPMRC representative to bring clarity in understanding of spaces, to coordinate and implement decisions taken.
- Operate, manage and maintain the entire advertisement plans.
- Management of sales & marketing of the advertising including providing adequate professionally trained manpower.
- Design of themes depicting Agra culture and its natural beauty and Agra tourism for display at the advertising sites as per the tender conditions.
- Promote UPMRC amongst India’s top Destination Brands for Advertising.
- Create new innovative advertising opportunities including Experiential Marketing, advertisements by visual aids, smart posters for use in e- commerce for on-line or offline shopping purposes, etc.
- Obtain all approvals, permits, etc from all competent and required authorities, including different tiers of government, statutory, local, civic authorities, etc. at its own cost.
- Comply with all statutory requirements in connection with Licence Agreement.
- Ensure regular and timely payments of all amounts due to UPMRC and discharge all obligations as per Licence Agreement.
- All taxes including Municipal Taxes (other than Advertisement shared to local bodies/government), Service tax, duties, levies and all other statutory dues where applicable shall be borne solely by the licensee without any contest.
- At present, UPMRC is not liable to share its revenue generated from advertisements with local bodies including Agra Municipal Corporation, etc.
- However, if UPMRC becomes liable to share revenue with local bodies from advertisements in future, then UPMRC shall deposit the due share to local bodies out of its own funds. Licensee shall not be liable to part with any additional amount on this account.
- The licensee shall submit the drawings/plans for the advertisement panel spaces within 30 days of payment of IFSD, to UPMRC for approval so that further action on it can be taken. The licence fee shall be applicable after the fitment period in any case.
- Exclusivity is the essence of the Contract. Advertisement spaces including sponsorships and promotion zones shall be offered only to the Licensee on exclusive basis during the tenure of the Contract.
- Any new opportunity as and when available shall be offered only to the Licensee as part of the Contract. In such cases where such a new opportunity is of permanent nature, the Minimum Annual Guarantee shall increase at pro rata rate.
- For example, agreed MAG for 10,000 sqft is Rs. 10,00,000. Thus, per sq ft comes to Rs. 100. If the licensee proposes to take additional promotion space of 100 sq ft, the MAG would increase by (100 X 100) =Rs. 10,000.
- Advertisement by other partners of Metro (viz. Retail, Food & Beverage) shall not be allowed outside their allotted premises, though branding of their shops/ products may be allowed in front of allotted space as approved by UPMRC.
- However, minimum 5 sqm of advertising space or 3% of the advertisement space at each station whichever is higher shall be reserved for promotion of the Metro and related services/partners/offers for commuters’ benefit.
- In case any new station on the corridor is commissioned, the same may become part of a contract on mutual agreement with UPMRC & Licensee and MAG shall increase at the same accepted rate.
- For example, agreed MAG for 10,000 sq ft is Rs. 10,00,000. Thus, per sq ft comes to Rs. 100. If the Licensee agrees to take additional promotion space of 100 sq ft, the MAG would increase by (100 X 100) =Rs. 10,000. However, all such contracts shall be co-terminus with the main contract.
Salient features of the Project are as under:
Route Length of Priority Corridor(Taj East Gate-Jama Masjid)
Route Length of Agra metro Phase-I Corridor (Sikandra-Taj East Gate)
No. of Stations (Priority Corridor)
No. of Stations (Sikandra-Taj East Gate)
- Average Annual Financial Turnover of the bidders during the last three years ending 31st March of the previous financial year should be at least Rs 15.49 Lakhs. The Bidder shall submit audited financial year data of last three years (i.e. FY 2019-20, 2020-21 and 2021-22) certified by Chartered Accountant with stamp & signature along with UDIN.
- The average annual financial turnover of a JV will be based on the percentage participation of each member.
- The tenderers will be qualified only if tenderer has executed or substantially completed, Advertising works, during last seven years ending last day of the month previous to the month of tender Publish Date, as given below:
- At least one “similar work” of annual value of Rs. 41.30 Lakhs or more, or
- Two “similar works” each of annual value of Rs. 25.81 Lakhs or more, or
- Three “similar works” each of annual value of Rs. 20.65 Lakhs or more.
- Similar work for this contract shall be business(es) from the advertisement sector(s).
Tender documents can only be obtained online on the website https://etenders.gov.in/eprocure/app
Source: UPMRC- Tender | Image Credit (representational): Alstom