The Lucknow Metro has touched the ridership figure of 1.11 crore since metro services started in the city in 2017. “We have touched ridership figure of 1.11 crore on Tuesday,” the LMRC statement said. Nearly 60,000 passengers travel by Lucknow Metro every day, it said.
- The statement said, Lucknow Metro trains complete on an average 331 trips everyday on the North-South corridor stretching from Chaudhary Charan Singh Airport to Munshipulia.
- It said, starting 6 September 2017, Lucknow Metro have completed 1,83,561 revenue trips till Tuesday amounting to a total of 19,76,580 kilometres.
- With time, Lucknow Metro has become synonymous with a world class state-of- the- art public transport system that’s safe, energy-efficient, inclusive and has a dedicated workforce ready to serve the passengers with the best of their abilities, it said.
- Recently, Secretary, Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs, Government of India and Chairman of Lucknow Metro Rail Corporation Limited (LMRC), Shri Durga Shankar Mishra, reviewed the operational 23 km stretch of Lucknow Metro’s North-South corridor and the working of its various departments.
- After landing at the CCS Airport, LMRC Chairman, took the metro from CCS Airport Metro Station to Hazratganj Metro Station where he was welcomed and accompanied by LMRC MD, Shri Kumar Keshav, Directors along with other senior officials.
- During his first metro ride on Lucknow Metro, he discussed at-length about the safety features inside the train and stations, signaling and other operational aspects incorporated in Lucknow Metro.
- On de-boarding at the Hazratganj Metro Station, he was mesmerized at the exquisite artwork which pays tribute to Lucknow’s one of the most ancient and traditional art forms, the ‘Chikankari embroidery’.
- He also discussed about the upcoming Kanpur and Agra Metro projects at-length and stressed upon expediting the necessary procedures like land acquisition, clearances etc.