All stations of the 29.7-km long Noida–Greater Noida Metro Corridor (Aqua Line) have been awarded platinum rating by the Indian Green Building Council (IGBC) for adopting best green practices, a senior official said. The corridor starts at Sector 51 in Noida and ends at depot station in Greater Noida.
- A senior official of NMRC said on the sidelines of an event,”All 21 stations of the Noida Metro Rail Corporation (Aqua Line) have been given the platinum rating by the IGBC. The council has given us the highest rating as we fulfilled over 80% of the criteria set by it.”
- The NMRC commenced operations of the Aqua Line (Noida–Greater Noida Metro Corridor), in January this year.
- The line has 21 stations and runs from the Sector 51 station in Noida to the Depot station in Greater Noida, covering a distance of 29.7 km via 21 stations.
- Senior officials of DMRC (Delhi Metro Rail Corporation), NMRC (Noida Metro Rail Corporation) and various other metro networks in the country assembled in the national capital for a conference on Green Metro Systems on Dec 06, 2019.
- IGBC, part of the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII), was formed in 2001.
- The vision of the council is “to enable a sustainable built environment for all and facilitate India to be one of the global leaders in the sustainable built environment by 2025”.