From today, two more 6-coach metro trains will be added on the Green Line (Nagasandra-Yelachenahalli). This will take the total number of 6-coach trains on the line to 8. The 6-coach trains will run 53 round trips daily except on Sundays, the BMRCL said in a release.
- Bangalore Metro Rail Corporation Limited (BMRCL) has converted two more three car trains of Green Line into six car train sets and these trains will be inducted into revenue service w.e.f 2nd December 2019, it said in the release.
- In the morning, the 6-coach trains will run 10 trips between 7:50 am and 10:30 am
- The trains will run 16 trips towards Yelachenahalli, in the evening.
- There will be 20 trips in the return direction.
- The 6-coach trains will run between Nagasandra & Yelachenahalli and Peenya Industry & Yelachenahalli.
- The first 6-coach train will run from Nagasandra/Peenya Industry at 7.50 am and the last train will run at 8.28 pm.
- The release added, the first train from Yelachenahalli to either of these stations will start at 8.31 am and the last run is at 8.37 pm.
- Totally 8 train sets will be in operation in the morning and evening peak hours.