Bangalore: Infosys Foundation, the philanthropic arm of Infosys, recently released Rs 30 crore for the construction of the Infosys Foundation-Konappana Agrahara Metro station. The foundation, on Dec 06, 2019, released the second tranche of funds, the BMRCL said in a release.
- Additionally, the foundation has agreed to maintain the station for 30 years.
- The foundation had agreed to carry out the superstructure and interior work of the station, the release said.
- Last Year, Infosys Foundation had signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the Bangalore Metro Rail Corporation Limited (BMRCL) towards the construction of a station at Konappana Agrahara, in Electronics City.
- As per the MoU, Rs 100 crore was agreed to be paid by the Infosys Foundation in four instalments.
- Rs 10 crore was released in July 2018 and Rs 30 crore was released on Dec 06 2019.
- The foundation will release Rs 60 crore in two instalments by December 31, 2021.
- The station, to be named Infosys Foundation – Konappana Agrahara Metro Station will be spread over two lakh square feet.
- A 3,000 square feet space within the station will be dedicated to Infosys Foundation which will provide local craftsmen and artisans a platform to showcase their talent, and also host exhibitions.
- The roof of the station will be designed to support solar panels that will provide power for lighting, making this station a sustainable building.