Share with your network
- The project is estimated to cost over Rs 1,800 crore.
- This city project will utilize mass transit urban trams – each carrying up to 80 passengers at a time which will draw power from overhead electric cables.
- The feasibility report was prepared after an extensive three-month survey of the city .
- There will be two corridors :
- These high-speed trams will also be able to leave the elevated corridors and run on normal city roads for about 25 km under battery power. Once the batteries drain, the trams will return to the elevated corridors to run on electricity.
- Apparently , Two major financial institutions from Germany and France have also shown interest in funding the project.