First Metro train of Pune Metro has arrived in city. This three coaches metro train arrived on 12 axle truck after travelling 1400 Km distance. Pune metro train coaches were welcomed by citizens of Pune Pimpri Chinchwad at City boundary with overwhelming response.
- Pune metro work is going on with great speed and civil work, laying of rail, OHE work, signalling works are completed on record time and now the arrival of Metro trains another milestone.
- Incidentally the first citizen of the city and mayor Mrs Mai Dhore also joined the celebration and welcomed the metro train by performing pooja.
- After this, the coaches placed on elevated track at Sant Tukaram Nagar station.
- The Sant Tukaram Nagar station is the only station on Pune metro named after the great Saint “Sant Tukaram”.
- New metro train coaches manufactured by CRRC under the contract of Nagpur Metro are being brought for Pune Metro.
- Since the depot work in Pune is still under way, these Metro coaches of the metro train were first taken to Nagpur for primary tests and trials, remaining works and exterior decoration as per Pune Metro exterior colour scheme and pattern.
- The trial for running the metro train will soon begin after completion of mandatory inspections.
- Each metro train would have three coaches with a capacity of 950- 970 passengers in each metro train.
- One of the coach in the metro train would be reserved for ladies.
- The coaches are made of stainless steel, light-weight and vestibuled.
- The complete metro train would be airconditioned with state of the art facilities.
- All coaches of the metro train are interconnected to facilitate easy movement of passengers from one coach to another.
- Work on Pune Metro began in June, 2017 and works like erecting pillars, track laying, installing signals etc were completed in a record 30 months.
All Image Credit: Pune Metro