The Ministry of Railways has given its approval to Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) to operate Ahmedabad-Mumbai Central Tejas Express. This train will have its inaugural run on 17 January 2020 and will start its commercial run from 19 January 2020, IRCTC said in a statement.
- The train to be operated by IRCTC will be equipped with all modern facilities on board for ensuring a high level of comfort to the passengers.
- To start with, this fully air-conditioned train will have two Executive Class Chair Cars having 56 seats each and Eight Chair Cars having capacity of 78 seats each.
- The total carrying capacity of the train will be 736 passengers.
- This Tejas Train will have scheduled commercial halts at Nadiad, Vadodara, Bharuch, Surat, Vapi, and Borivali.
- The train will run on all days of the week except Thursday.
Salient features of the train are:
- Complimentary On board infotainment services will be available in IRCTC trains to the passengers.
- All passengers travelling on the IRCTC train will be provided with Rail Travel Insurance of up to Rs. 25 Lakhs, free of cost by IRCTC.
- This complimentary travel insurance also includes an exclusive coverage of Rs. 1 lakh against household theft / robbery during the travel period of the passengers.
- The booking for this train has commenced and passengers can book their tickets exclusively on the IRCTC website www.irctc.co.in and its mobile app “IRCTC Rail Connect”.
- There will be no booking at railway reservation counters.
- The train will also be available for booking through IRCTC’s online travel portal partners.
- The fully air-conditioned Tejas has several modern features like sliding doors, personalized reading lights, mobile charging points, attendant call buttons, bio-toilets, automatic entry and exit doors, CCTV cameras, reclining facility and comfortable seats.