New Delhi: The Indian Railway Stations Development Corporation (IRSDC) and two Central Public Sector Enterprise (CPSE) i.e., EPIL and Bridge & Roof have signed a Memorandum of Agreement (MoA), on Thursday for redevelopment of 14 railway stations.
The 14 railway stations including:
- Kolkata Terminal
- Kanpur Central
- Kalyan Jn
- Udaipur City
- These CPSEs will prepare DPRs (Detailed Project Reports) of the 14 stations for their development/ redevelopment and act as Project Management Consultant to IRSDC for implementation of station redevelopment program.
- This is a great milestone in the government’s prestigious program of station redevelopment.
- 6 CPSEs have been selected by IRSDC for redevelopment of total 41 railway stations under the station redevelopment program.
- The remaining CPSEs are IRCON, RITES, NPCC and MECON who shall also be signing similar agreement with IRSDC shortly.
- This will further accelerate the station redevelopment initiatives being undertaken by IRSDC wherein DPR preparation at 12 stations and construction at two stations namely Habibganj & Gandhinagar are already in progress.