Konkan Railways Corporation Ltd (KRCL) has signed a contract agreement with Nepal’s Department of Railways to supply two 1600 HP DEMU train sets. These trains will be used to operationalise railway link between Jayanagar in India and Kurtha in Nepal.
- The agreement was signed in Kathmandu today in the presence of Indian Ambassador Manjeev Puri and Nepal’s Secretary, Ministry of Physical Infrastructure and Transport Madhusudan Adhikari.
- Each train set will comprise of one driving power car, 3 trailer cars with one air-conditioned, one driving trailer car with standard accessories.
- The train sets will be manufactured by the Integrated Coach Factory, Chennai.
- The 34 kms Jayanagar-Kurtha Railway Link has been built by IRCON with Government of India financial grant under India-Nepal Development Partnership programme.
- KRCL is a Public Sector Undertaking (PSU) of GoI, under the Ministry of Railways.
WR Introduces Leased Parcel Cargo Express Train (PCET) Between Karambeli & New Guwahati Goods Shed
Date: May 10, 2019
Western Railway in pursuant to the new policy guidelines issued by Railway Board has introduced a new concept of leased Parcel Cargo Express Train (PCET) on round trip basis from Karambeli in Gujarat to New Guwahati Goods Shed (NGC) in North Frontier Railway from 28th April, 2019.
According to a press release issued by Shri Ravinder Bhakar – Chief Public Relations Officer of W. Rly, this is the first time over Western Railway that such a concept of leased Parcel Cargo Express Train has been introduced successfully.
The tender has been awarded to M/s Mint Logistics for a period of six years (i.e. from 28. April, 2019 to 27. April, 2025. The freight for round trip of Parcel Cargo Express Train is Rs. 23,15,334/- (for composition of 15 VPS + 1 SLR).This parcel train has been assigned with the Train No. 00091 from Karambeli to New Guwahati Goods Shed and Train No. 00092 from New Guwahati Goods Shed to Karambeli and will run twice a week on scheduled time table.
For the initial six months, the composition of PCET will be minimum 15 Parcel Vans of 23 tonnes each and 1 Brake Van (2 compartments of 4 tonnes each) having a total capacity of 353 tonnes. Thereafter, for next five and half years, the composition of PCET will be 20 Parcel Vans and 1 Brake Van having total capacity of 468 tonnes. Accordingly, lumpsum leased freight will also be enhanced on pro-rata basis.
Source: Western Railway
To know more about recent developments of Railway: Click Here
( Please reach us at email@example.com for more information. )
Some Past Related Updates which might interest you :