The proposed metro line linking Delhi and Jewar Airport via Knowledge Park-2 in Greater Noida expected to be completed by 2023, according to a report. The metro line will have 25 station and estimated to cost close to Rs 7,000 crore, it said.
- The Delhi Metro recently has given a presentation to the Yamuna Expressway Industrial Development Authority (YEIDA) on the first phase of the metro line, TOI reported.
- The metro line will be 35.64km long — 32.27km will be elevated and the remaining will be underground near the upcoming airport.
- After the presentation, YEIDA suggested a few changes, including a completion deadline of 2023 as per PriceWaterhouseCoopers’ (PwC) bid document projections (in the international airport project), officials said in the report.
- The DMRC was also told to look at traffic viability in line with techno-feasibility report of PwC (which includes projections of traffic flow from Haryana, Noida and Delhi) instead of traffic from Pari Chowk to Jewar.
- DMRC’s general manager BC Sharma and his team gave their initial draft report presentation on metro connectivity to Jewar from Aqua Line station near Knowledge Park 2.
- The operations of the Delhi Jewar airport metro line will be started for the seamless connectivity of the Jewar International Airport to Delhi-NCR.
- The new airport metro line will help the passengers to directly travel from Greater Noida to Jewar Airport’s terminal.
- YEIDA has directed that the Jewar airport metro line should be ready for operations by the year 2023 as the Jewar International Airport terminal will is also likely to open by the same year.
Delhi Metro likely to be connected with RRTS corridor
Date : May 4, 2019
The Delhi Metro‘s Phase-3 may be connected with the Delhi-Ghaziabad-Meerut RRTS corridor, according to a report. The Ghaziabad Development Authority (GDA) has asked the DMRC to prepare a revised DPR (Detailed Project Report) for metro route between Noida Electronic City and Mohan Nagar metro station, it said.
- The GDA has sought that one of the stations on the metro route should be integrated with a station on the RRTS (Regional Rapid Transit System) corridor near Sahibabad, TOI reported.
- Sahibabad will be one of the elevated stations on the inaugural corridor of the RRTS project between Delhi-Ghaziabad-Meerut.
- For the two networks to be integrated, the GDA has asked for them to be built closer to each other so that a skywalk can be created for the linking, it said.
- The revised report is expected to be submitted within a month.
- The idea of integrating the Vasundhara Sector-2 metro station, on the Phase-3 corridor with the proposed RRTS station at Sahibabad was discussed and the GDA wishes to connect the two for the seamless access of both services, the report said.
- This integration would also mean that both the nodal agencies, namely, the National Capital Region Transport Corporation (NCRTC), which is implementing the RRTS corridor, and the DMRC (Delhi Metro Rail Corporation) will have to make changes to their existing plans.
- The distance between the Sahibabad RRTS station and Vasundhara Sector-2 is around 1.6 km and it would not be possible to construct a skywalk of that length to connect the two stations, as per the present outline.
- So, NCRTC and DMRC will have to shift their stations, respectively, closer to each other so that the distance between the two comes down to around 300-350 metres.
To know more about recent developments of Delhi Metro: Click Here
( Please reach us at email@example.com for more information. )
Some Past Related Updates which might interest you :
04 May, 2019: Delhi Metro celebrates its 25th foundation day