Date of Post: 16 Nov, 2018
Guwahati: Northeast Frontier Railway has converted 5 passenger trains into LHB (Linke Hofmann Busch) type coaches instead of Integral Coach Factory (ICF), Chennai made coaches this year. Up till now, LHB type coaches were used in Rajdhani, Shatabdi and other premium trains only.
The 5 trains that have been converted into LHB type are–
- 22512/22511 Kamakhya – Lokmanya Tilak Express
- 15668/15667 Kamakhya – Gandhidham Express
- 22501/22502 Bangalore – New Tinsukia Express
- 15621/15622 Kamakhya – Anand Vihar Express
- 15620/15619 Kamakhya – Gaya Express
- A road-map for further conversion of other passenger-carrying trains into LHB-coach trains has also been prepared.
- LHB coaches are the passenger coaches of Indian Railways that have been developed by Linke-Hofmann-Busch of Germany and mostly produced by Rail Coach Factory in Kapurthala.
- Further, two more trains – 12523/12524 New Jalpaiguri – New Delhi Express and 12505/12506 Guwahati – Anand Vihar Northeast Express – will also be converted to LHB type this year.
- 6 more trains will be converted into LHB type in 2019-20 and 4 more trains will be in 2020-21.
- The LHB coaches have enhanced safety features, greater passenger comfort and better riding qualities.
- They can accommodate more passengers compared to ICF-made coaches and introduction of these coaches will increase overall carrying capacity of trains.
To know more about recent developments of Railways –
Narinder Sharma is a part of the content team of Rail Analysis India as a writer and marketing executive.
His interest is in the Railways , Metro and Transportation Sector of India .
Please reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information .