Nagpur: The Metro trains in the city will run on Communication Based Train Control (CBTC) system. Dr. Brijesh Dixit, Managing Director, Maharashtra Metro Rail Corporation (MahaMetro) gave this information in a press conference organised in Sitabuldi interchange metro station on Monday.
- Already, the trial run has been started with a maximum speed of 90 kmph.
- Mahametro will put to use all the modern technique and safety measures while running train at this speed, as per the reports.
- The metro trains will run on CBTC system, which means the train can run without pilot due to auto train operation system.
- However, pilot will be there despite having the system.
- He said,”There will be a screen in the pilot’s cabin, from which he can watch the doors of complete train. Beside this, side mirror will be also there.”
- Giving a brief detail of CBTC, director, rolling stock, Anil Mathur said,”A non-visible radius of signals is there between antenna fitted in the train and a system on the track. Due to this train, itself gets the speed and stops and then restarts.”
- “If one system does not work, then there is a second system which will carry on the operation,” he said.
- Automatic Train Protection (ATP) system checks the speed of the train and it opens the door of the coaches as per the direction of the station.
- Due to this system, two trains can be run together in less distance.