Nellore Railway Station will be provided with world class amenities under the Railway Stations Redevelopment program. The Rs.100 crore project will be jointly taken up by the RLDA (Rail Land Development Authority) and NBCC (National Buildings Construction Company).
- The project is to upgrade the railway station keeping in view of the expected additional inflow of passengers in the next 5 years.
- The railway station will be integrated with additional infrastructure and provided with world class facilities by utilising the commercial potential of the station.
- It will be made energy efficient and eco-friendly by implementing various green and energy initiatives such as:
- Cellular rain water harvesting
- Green terraces
- LED lighting
- Solar panels
- Energy efficiency devices
- The Nellore Railway Station is located on the busiest Vijayawada-Chennai route.
- Nellore station will be provided iconic architecture, shopping, sufficient parking, food court, internet centres, CCTVs, exhibition gallery, separate facilities for divyangan and other amenities, under the project.
- Integration with other modes of public/ private transport system; implementation of all the applicable fire and life safety standards; security system like CCTV cameras; integrating intrusion and detection and access control and video surveillance will be ensured.
- The project is also taking care of efficient water supply system, sewage system including waste water treatment plant, waste and rainwater disposal system will be implemented.
Rail Analysis insights: The railway station will be integrated with additional infrastructure and provided with world class facilities by utilising the commercial potential of the station.
To know more about recent developments of Railway: Click Here
( Please reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. )
Image Credit: Wikipedia
Some Past Related Updates which might interest you :