Bengaluru: The RITES has submitted revised Detailed Project Report of Bengaluru Suburban rail project. The suburban rail will cover 148 km length in the city across 4 corridors. The length is down by 13 km from the previous proposal submitted in November 2018.
The proposed 4 corridors are:
- KSR Bengaluru City–Devanahalli
- Kengeri-KSR Bengaluru-Whitefield
- Out of the 148.17-km network, 55.575 km will be elevated and remaining 92.595 km will be at grade level.
- The number of stations has been brought down to 57 from the previously planned 86 stations.
- The deadline for completing the project is 2025.
- Now, the project is estimated to cost around Rs 16,000 crore.
- The revised estimate cost of the project now is Rs 16,035 crore, while previous proposal for 161-km had specified Rs 19,500 crore.
- The revised report will have to be okayed by the Railway Board and the Cabinet.
Image Credit : Abinoh – Wikimedia Commons