Hyderabad: The State Cabinet has approved the proposal for a metro rail route between Mindspace and Shamshabad, said KT Rama Rao, TRS working president and former Industries Minister. Works on this stretch will begin soon, he also said.
- The 30-km route has been proposed to ease traffic snarls in the IT hubs of Hitec City, Financial District all the way up to the international airport.
- He also said that the proposed elevated bus rapid transit system will also prove handy in dealing with the congestion.
- It will connect Kukatpally and Wipro Junctions.
- It may be recalled that work on the proposed metro rail project is already on and RV Associates, one of the two bidders, had been selected as its DPR consultants.
- In July, the officials had announced that the DPR was to be ready in 3 months.
- The project work would start in 6 months.
- The ORR already has a dedicated 25 m right of way for the proposed high speed metro rail, which can touch speeds up to 120 kmph.
- It will have limited stops and the design will allow adequate space for luggage as well, he said.
- To make the project financially viable, there were plans to develop a few townships along the ORR.
- He added that the high speed rail project would be executed by HAML.