Gurgaon: The upcoming Gurgaon Metro will be extended and connected with the Rapid Metro as well as Regional Rapid Transit System (RRTS) near Udyog Vihar, according to reports. At present, a feasibility study is being conducted for setting up stations on the connecting route, sources said.
- The proposed Metro corridor will start from Huda City Centre and end at Sector 23, connecting Subhash Chowk, Hero Honda Chowk, Dwarka Expressway (near sectors 101 and 104) and sectors 4, 5, 10A, 10, 9 and 9A.
- The RRTS starting in Delhi will pass through Udyog Vihar to reach Manesar and Pachgaon.
- There is a proposal to extend the metro line and connect it with a Rapid Metro station near DLF CyberHub.
- The nearest Rapid Metro station is likely to be either Cyber City or Moulsari Avenue, both of which are near Udyog Vihar.
- Since the distance between the two places is only around 5-km, there won’t be more than 3-4 stations.
- Already, a DPR (Detailed Project Report) for the metro project has been approved by the state government.
RRTS trains to be available at frequency of every 5-10 minutes
Date: April 22,2019
New Delhi: The much-awaited Regional Rapid Transit System (RRTS) project connecting Delhi-Ghaziabad-Meerut is on fast track. Recently, a meeting was convened by the Commissioner of the Meerut Division, in order to review the progress of the RRTS corridor.
- The meeting was convened to overcome roadblocks for the smooth progress of the project.
- In the meeting, issues pertaining to the RRTS corridor were discussed in detail along with the concerned departments.
- All the departments and agencies have been ordered to work together to make sure that the project is completed on schedule.
- Also, any delay in the project is said to have significant cost implications.
- The Commissioner also directed the concerned departments to expedite the approvals and permissions required for the construction of the RRTS in Delhi-NCR.
- Once completed, the Delhi-Meerut RRTS corridor will reduce the travel time between Delhi and Meerut to just 55 minutes, according to NCRTC.
- The RRTS trains will be available at a frequency of every 5-10 minutes.
- The NCRTC (National Capital Region Transport Corporation) is the implementing agency of the RRTS projects.
To know more about recent developments of Gurgaon Metro: Click Here
( Please reach us at email@example.com for more information. )
Some Past Related Updates which might interest you :