The indigenously-built Vande Bharat Express also known as ‘Train 18‘ has completed 1-lakh running kilometres on Wednesday without missing a single trip in the last 3 months, officials said. The Vande Bharat Express was flagged off by the Prime Minister Narendra Modi from New Delhi to Varanasi on February 15.
- The Vande Bharat Express, which began its first commercial run from February 17, will soon start replacing Shatabdi Express trains.
- The high-speed train has been manufactured by the Integral Coach Factory in Chennai.
- The gleaming blue-nosed train comes fitted with the best amenities including-
- High-speed on-board WiFi
- GPS-based passenger information system
- Touch-free bio-vacuum toilets
- LED lighting
- Mobile charging points
- Climate control system that automatically adjusts the temperature
- The 16-coach train has two executive compartments with 52 seats each and trailer coaches with 78 seats each.
- The executive class coaches have rotating seats to match the direction of the train.
- The Vande Bharat Express boasts of features such as:
- European-style comfortable seats
- Aircraft-like diffused lighting
- Rotating seats in the Executive chair car
- Swanky mini pantry
- Fully sealed gangways for dust-free environment and easy movement of passengers
- Automatic doors with sliding footsteps
- Disabled-friendly toilets as well as wheelchair parking spaces
- The self-propelled train has been manufactured by the Integral Coach Factory (ICF) Chennai under ‘Make in India’ initiative at a cost of Rs 97 crore.
Bengaluru : Byappanahalli Railway Station to Get Airport-like Facilities
Date : May 15, 2019
Bengaluru set to have a railway station with world-class amenities in 3 years. A butterfly-shaped railway station is all set to come up at Byappanahalli in Bengaluru and it will have airport-like facilities. The facility is expected to be built at a cost of Rs 250 crore.
- The IRSDC (Indian Railway Stations Development Corporation) in association with the BBMP(Bruhat Bengaluru Mahanagara Palike) unveiled the blueprint of the Byappanahalli station development project spread across 132 acres.
- Of the total, 30 acres will be handed over to private builders for lease of 99 years.
- The railway station is expected to be completed in 3 years.
- But commercial establishments including stalls, hospitals, workplaces and service apartments will be completed in 8-10 years.
- The last date to apply for commercial establishments in the station premises is May 30, as per the notification.
- As Bengaluru is called a Garden City, rooftop of the railway station will have garden and the entire station will have a green look and feel with real greenery around.
- The Byappanahalli railway station is expected to have separate arrival and departure terminals.
- The station will be inclusive of other facilities including digital signages, escalators, conveyor belts, executive lounges, Wi-Fi facility, battery-operated buggies, food courts, entertainment facilities and also ATMs.
- There will also be a waiting room like the one at the Kempegowda International Airport (KIA) in Bengaluru, as passengers have been directed to be in the station at least 15 minutes before the arrival of the train.
- This will avert the crowding during the arrival of train and also mishaps while boarding the moving train.
- A 3rd coaching terminal is also being built in Byappanahalli to ease the rush at the city railway station and Yeshwantpur.
All Images credit: IRSDC
To know more about recent developments of Railway: Click Here
( Please reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. )
Some Past Related Updates which might interest you :