Bangalore: Work is all set to begin to connect the Yeshwantpur railway station with Metro station through a skywalk. The BMRCL (Bangalore Metro Rail Corporation Ltd) is finalising details of the skywalk that will connect the existing FOB of the platform number-6 of the railway station.
- Recently, Ajay Seth Managing Director BMRCL held a meeting with officials of the South Western Railway’s Bengaluru division to get clearance for the project.
- He said, the DRM (Divisional Railway Manager) has extended support to the project.
- He said, the railways has allowed us to construct the bridge.
- SWR officials had received a detailed proposal but sought changes in the design of the FOB to ensure the project will not come in conflict with their station development programme, they said.
- Already, works have begun to build a structure to provide canopy at the entrance of the station towards Tumakuru Road.
- Around 10,000 passengers change between railway and metro stations at Yeshwantpur every day.
To know more about recent developments of Bangalore Metro: Click Here
( Please reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. )
Image Credit: akubhatta-wikimapia
Some Past Related Updates which might interest you :