The Bangalore Metro Rail Corporation Ltd. (BMRCL) has invited tenders from eligible tenderers in India for “Supply of Contactless Smart Cards” (CSC).
The Tenderer should be established and reliable manufacturer/s of Contactless Smart Cards for the works detailed in ‘Key Details‘ below:
- Tender No.: BMRCL/O&M/RevenueCell/CSC/58/
- Description of supply: Supply of Contactless Smart Card
- Approximate quantity of Supply (NOS): 12 Lakhs
- EMD: INR 10.45 Lakhs
- Delivery Schedule: 6 weeks from the date of issue LOA
- Sale Start Date: 22/01/2021
- Sale End Date: 05/02/2021
- Date of Pre-bid Meeting: 11/02/2021
- Date and Time of Submission: 23/02/2021
- Date and Time of Opening: 23/02/2021
Bangalore Metro Rail Corporation Ltd (BMRCL) is the Special Purpose Vehicle of Government of India and Government of Karnataka, which has implemented Phase-I and is implementing the Phase-II of the Bangalore Metro Rail Project which is a Mass Rapid Transit System (MRTS).
- The Bangalore Metro weaves through the bustling commercial and residential areas of the city. The first phase of Bangalore Metro consists of both North-South Line and East-West Line. The North-South Line is approximately 24.2 km long, and stretches from Nagasandra in the North to Yelachanahalli in the South. The East-West line is approximately 18.1 km long, and covers from Baiyappanahalli Station in the East to Mysore Road Station in the West. Out of the 42.3 km, 6.76 km is underground while the rest is elevated.
- BMRCL has already commissioned the full Phase-I comprising 40 stations.
- The AFC system of BMRCL is designed to work with ‘MIFARE DESFire or compatible (minimum 4 k bytes) Inlay chip based Smart Card’. BMRCL proposes to procure similar types of Contactless Smart Cards (CSCs) that are the same or equivalent and easily interfaced to its network.
Relaxation of Norms for Micro ,Small and Medium Enterprise (MSME):
In terms of Ministry of MSME Government of India, Policy Circular Number 1(2)(1)/2016-MA dated 10th March 2016, Order dated 23/03/2012 and letter dated 29/07/2003, all the Central Ministries /Department/ Central Public Sector Undertakings may relax condition of prior turnover and prior experience with respect to Micro & Small Enterprise in all public procurements subject to meeting of quality and technical specification.
- BMRCL may procure minimum of 25 percent of their annual value of goods and services from Micro and Small Enterprises, if deemed.
- The Tenderers, being participating Micro and Small Enterprises quoting price within price band of L1 +15 per cent shall also supply a portion of requirement by bringing down the price to L1 price in a situation where L1 price is from someone other than a Micro and Small Enterprise and such Micro and Small Enterprise shall be allowed to supply up to 25% of total tendered value.
- In case of more than one such Micro and Small Enterprise, the supply shall be shared proportionately ( to tendered quantity). 4.5.4 Micro & Small Enterprises shall be provided with Tender documents free of cost, exempted from payment of Tender Security, Earnest Money, waiver of security deposit upto the monetary limit for which the unit is registered .
Source: BMRCL-Tender | Image Credit (representational): BMRCL