J.Kumar Infraprojects Limited (JKIL), a major EPC company having a niche in construction of Urban Infra Projects including Metros, Flyover, bridges etc. announced its Audited Financial results for the quarter and year ended March 31, 2022.
Performance highlights for FY22:
- Revenue from Operations for FY22 grew by 37% to ₹ 3,527 cr as compared to ₹ 2,571 cr in FY21.
- EBIDTA for FY22 stood at ₹ 505 cr as compared to ₹ 311 cr in FY21. EBIDTA margin for FY22 stood at 14.3% as compared to 12.1% in FY21.
- PBT for FY22 grew by 219% to ₹ 283 cr as compared to ₹ 89 cr in FY21. PBT margin for FY22 stood at 8.0% as compared to 3.4% in FY21.
- PAT for FY22 grew by 222% to ₹ 206 cr as compared to ₹ 64 cr in FY21. PAT margin for FY22 stood at 5.8% as compared to 2.5% in FY21.
- The Company continued its focus on working capital management and quality of order book. The Company has been able to reduce its debt levels sequentially despite the challenging external environment.
- Our Total Order book as on March 31, 2022 stood at ₹ 11,936 cr. The order book inter alia includes Metro projects (elevated and underground) contributing ~ 61%, while Flyover, Bridges & Roads projects contributes ~39%.
Other Key Updates:
- 3 prestigious projects of national importance was inaugurated in the month of April 2022:
- Mumbai Metro Line 2A (Dahisar and D N Nagar) – 17 proposed stations. 9 stations are operational between Dahisar to Dhanukarwadi.
- Mumbai Metro Line 7 (Dahisar East and Andheri)- 13 proposed stations. 9 stations (5 constructed by JKIL) are operational between Aarey to Dahisar.
- JNPT Port Connectivity between Amra Marg starting from NMC HeadQuarter Building to Gavan Fata, Jesai to Karal and Karal to D-Point Panvel and Kalamboli (35 Km) were operational for Public on 3rd April.
- The tunnelling work MUMBAI METRO LINE-3 Pkg 5 & 6 i.e. Dharavi to International Airport is completed.
- Awarded projects worth ₹ 2,068 crores (excluding GST) in Q4 FY22.
- Awarded project from IRCON amounting to ₹ 1,068 crores (excluding GST) in Q1 FY23.
- The Board of Directors have recommended a dividend of 60% i.e. ₹ 3/- per equity share of face value of ₹ 5/- per equity share, subject to approval of the shareholders.
On the performance Dr. Nalin J. Gupta, Managing Director commented, “Despite the unprecedented headwinds due to geo-political uncertainties, rising commodity and logistics cost, JKIL has delivered a noteworthy performance on various fronts including record revenue, order inflows, notable decline in gross debt and improved profitability.
We were able to garner new orders worth ₹ 3,685 Crores in FY22. We believe the order award will intensify in FY23. Our robust execution capabilities coupled with a strong repository of asset base enabling efficient execution reflected in strong revenue growth. Our healthy order book of ₹ 11,936 Crores ensures sustainable growth momentum.
The strong impetus from the Government on pushing infrastructure development projects in the recent budget announcement alongside pandemic induced incentives and favourable policies such as lowering of bank guarantee requirement, faster clearance of bills and speedier clearances/approvals are very positive for the sector and overall economy. Companies with credible balance sheets and execution track records would be benefiting most from the same. At JKIL, we firmly believe that this is the beginning towards further improvement in return ratios.
With a comfortable debt equity ratio, we have sufficient headroom to capitalise on opportunities of huge Infrastructure development in the country. With the sustained order inflow and our expertise in executing and delivering projects on time we are optimistic that we shall witness a healthy and sustainable growth. The Company has sufficient cash as well as unutilised working capital facilities to undertake large projects and also to ramp up execution of existing projects.”
About J. Kumar Infraprojects Limited:
- J. Kumar Infraprojects Ltd, is one of the few EPC companies to conform to ISO standards “ISO 9001:2015, ISO 14001:2015 & OHSAS 18001:2007” for Quality Management Systems, Occupational Health and Safety Management System and Environmental Management System. JKIL has developed a niche in construction of Urban Infra Projects including Metros, Flyover, bridges etc.
- It is renowned for undertaking design and construction projects on a turnkey basis meeting their clients’ requirements to effect. JKIL is focused on EPC projects, having a strong foothold in various sectors like Urban Infrastructure, Transportation Engineering, Piling & Civil Construction etc.
Source: J. Kumar Infraprojects -Press Release