Technical bids were opened for “Design and construction of about 8 km length of the viaduct in the state of Gujarat including one HSR station at Vadodara for Mumbai-Ahmedabad High Speed Rail corridor (under C5 package)”.
- Package No.: MAHSR-C-5
- Name of Work: Design and Construction of Civil and Buildings Works including Testing and Commissioning on Design Build Lump Sum Price Basis for Double Line High Speed Railway involving Vadodara Station, Confirmation Car Base, Viaducts & Bridges, Crossing Bridges and Associated works between MAHSR Km. 393.700 and MAHSR Km. 401.898 in the State of Gujarat for the Project for Construction of Mumbai-Ahmedabad High Speed Rail .
- Period of Work: 1490 Days
In June this year, NHSRCL had invited a tender for Package No: MAHSR-C-5.
- The Government of India has received a loan from the Japan International CooperationAgency (JICA) toward the cost of the Project for Construction of Mumbai–AhmedabadHigh Speed Rail. It is intended that part of the proceeds of this loan will be applied to eligible payments under this Contract for the work as described in the title.
- The Government of India through NHSRCL (herein after referred to as Employer) now invited online Bids from eligible Bidders for the construction and completion of the Works as described in the title. International Competitive Bidding will be conducted in accordance with JICA’s Single Stage (“Two Envelope”) Bidding Procedure.
- Bidding will be conducted through procedures in accordance with the applicableGuidelines for Procurement under Japanese ODA Loans and is open to all Bidders from eligible source countries, as mentioned in Section-V Eligible Source Countries ofJapanese ODA Loans.
About the Project:
- NHSRCL is implementing a 508 Km long Mumbai-Ahmedabad High Speed Railway Project (hereinafter called as Project) starting from Bandra Kurla Complex in Maharashtra and terminating at Sabarmati in Gujarat.
- The Project would be developed with the use of Japanese high speed rail technology (i.e. Shinkansen system).
- The length of alignment is 508 Km (approx.) with double line and will be passing through two states, Maharashtra (155.642 Km) and Gujarat (350.530 Km), and one UT of Dadra and Nagar Haveli (2 KMs).
- Most of the alignment, about 92.4%, will be elevated and a small portion of about 2.5% will be on the cut & fill section.
- Twelve stations are proposed at Mumbai, Thane, Virar, Boisar, Vapi, Bilimora, Surat, Bharuch, Vadodara, Anand, Ahmedabad, and Sabarmati.
- The station at Mumbai will be Underground and all other stations will be elevated.
- There are 8 mountain tunnels and one underground tunnel of 21 Km with 7 Km under sea (Thane Creek) portion.
- Two numbers of Rolling stock depot & several maintenance/sub-maintenance depots (35 nos) are proposed along the alignment.
About Larsen & Toubro:
- Larsen & Toubro is an Indian multinational engaged in EPC Projects, Hi-Tech Manufacturing and Services with over USD 21 billion in revenue.
- It operates in over 30 countries worldwide.
- A strong, customer-focused approach and the constant quest for top-class quality have enabled L&T to attain and sustain leadership in its major lines of business for eight decades.
Source: NHSRCL-Tender Update