N.F. Railway is continuously registering a steady growth in Freight Unloading. N.F. Railway has unloaded 3427 freight carrying rakes during the first quarter of current financial year (April to June, 2022).
- This is an increase of 4.76% in comparison to the corresponding period of last year. N. F. Railway unloaded 1003 freight carrying rakes during the month of June, 2022. This is an increase of about 5.60% as compared to the corresponding period of last year.
- N. F. Railway has transported goods like FCI rice, sugar, salt, edible oil, food grains, fertilizer, cement, coal, vegetables, auto, tank, container and other items during the month and unloaded them in different goods sheds within its jurisdiction.
- During June, 2022, 581 rakes of freight carrying trains were unloaded in Assam out of which 360 were loaded with essential commodities. 36 rakes in Tripura, 30 rakes in Nagaland, 7 rakes in Arunachal Pradesh and 1 rake in Mizoram were unloaded during the month.
- Moreover, 196 freight rakes in West Bengal and 152 freight rakes in Bihar were also unloaded during the month within the jurisdiction of N. F. Railway.
- Essential and other commodities are being transported regularly to not only meet the essential requirement of common people but also to keep the local economic activity of the region moving.
- Improved terminal handling facility and introduction of more goods sheds have made it more convenient for customers and other stakeholders to unload and clear inward rake in a time bound manner. Continuous monitoring at all levels has also resulted in reduction in turnaround time and increased unloading efficiency.
Source: Northeast Frontier Railway -Press Release | Image Credit (representational): MoR