Delhi Metro Rail Corporation Limited (DMRC) has invited open e-tenders from eligible applicants, who fulfil qualification criteria for Manufacturing & supply of Turnouts and Scissors for Patna Metro Rail Project.
- Tender Reference Number: PT-4R
- Name of Work: Manufacturing & supply of Turnouts and Scissors for Patna Metro Rail Project.
- Estimated Cost: INR 35.53 Crores
- EMD: INR 25 Lakhs
- Completion Period: 36 Months
- Document Download / Sale Start Date: 03rd July, 2023
- Document Download / Sale End Date: 16th Aug, 2023
- Pre Bid Meeting Date: 13th July, 2023
- Bid Submission Start Date: 09th Aug, 2023
- Bid Submission End Date: 16th Aug, 2023
- Tender Opening Date: 17th Aug, 2023
- This is a PMRCL Non JICA funded work.
- This is a PMRCL funded work. As per the MOU signed between DMRC and PMRCL, this work is being executed by DMRC on deposit work basis wherein there is provision of Closure of Contracts and Taking Over which is reproduced as below, “Accordingly, Bidder shall ensure due closure of this Contract for execution of works with DMRC.
- Bidders shall ensure that all risks, rewards and claims associated with this contract are settled before closure of this contract. Bidder to note above while submitting a bid with DMRC.
- However, if this closure is not possible within one year of Revenue Operation Date (ROD) due to arbitration etc, the further management of this contract will be handled by PMRCL”.
Scope of Work:
Turnouts & Scissors crossovers (Ballastless):
- The supplier shall be responsible for detailed design & drawings of turnout & scissors cross-over as per Clauses 1 to 8 of Technical Specifications of Turnouts and Scissors X-overs including all fittings, fastening, fixtures, various blocks, base plates/special base plates, brackets, stretcher bars (other than leading stretcher bar) & their connections, check rails, rail pads, elastic base plate pads, intermediate pads, washers, nuts & bolts, second drive arrangement for 1 in 9 turnout & scissor cross-over, switches, crossings, etc. complete duly interfacing with the designated signalling contractor.
Scope of Supply:
- The supplier shall be responsible for manufacturing & supply of switches (stock rail & tongue rail), CMS crossings with welded leg extensions, check rails, slide chairs, base plates, special base plates, brackets, all fixings & fastenings, fixtures., rail pads, intermediate pads, elastic base plate pads, washers, all stretchers bars (except leading stretcher bar) with its fixtures, various blocks, bolts & nuts, second drive arrangement with its fittings for 1 in 9 turnout & for scissors cross-over, any special fitting etc. complete, for the complete turnout from SRJ to BOC except the item mentioned in sub clause 8.1.1(2).
- The supplier shall not be required to supply rails other than those required for welded leg extensions of CMS crossing & Switches. Fittings & Fastenings (336 or other as approved) for entire Turnout (SRJ to BOC) including Lead Rail Portion will be under scope of supply.
- Supplier will submit a complete component list for complete turnout having all the components according to 8.1.1(1) & 8.1.1(2)
- The supplier will provide installation procedure to track installation agency & The supplier shall be responsible for deployment of requisite track expatriate to guide & witness at least 01 set of each type of turnout etc. Information regarding schedule date of installation of turnout etc. shall be provided by the purchaser at least 15 days in advance.
- The supplier will submit detailed design & drawing including design calculation for each turnout type following necessary interface with Rolling stock, signalling, civil & track installation agency in 05 sets for Purchaser’s approval.
- Availability of Supplier’s technical expert will be required during consideration of their design submissions. Any modification in drawing during execution of contract must be approved by the Purchaser.
- Following Purchaser’s approval of design submissions, the supplier will submit QAP & ITP as per UIC 866 including dimensional check sheets for Purchaser’s approval.
- Inspecting agencies will be nominated by DMRC & inspection scope will be complete including stage inspection as per standard norms. Supplier’s manufacturing unit will provide all necessary tools, equipment & help to the inspecting agency to perform inspections.
- The supplier will ensure Proto arrangement of each Turnout type following necessary interface with concerned signalling & installation agencies. On Successful Inspection clearance of Proto turnouts, suppliers will go for further production.
- The tenderers will be qualified only if they have successfully completed or substantially completed similar work(s), during last seven years ending last day of the month previous to the month of tender submission as given below:
- At least One “similar work” of value INR 28.42 Crores or more, or
- At least Two “similar work” of value INR 17.77 Crores or more, or
- At least Three “similar work” of value INR 14.21 Crores or more
- Similar work for this contract shall be Supply of Standard Gauge (1/7, 1/9 or others) and/or Broad Gauge (1/8.5, 1/12 or others) canted Ballasted and Ballastless Turnouts, Scissor Crossovers and derailing switches.
- If the tenderer is a JV/Consortium having foreign partner(s) and above work(s) have been executed by the foreign partner of JV and the work(s) were done in the country of the foreign partner, then in addition to this the foreign partner must have executed works (which need not to be similar in nature) of total put together of value INR 14.21 Crores or more outside the country of the foreign partner.
- Supplier must have supply credentials for the below mentioned quantities during last 10 years:
- SG/BG turnouts for ballastless track= 100 sets
- SG/BG turnouts for ballasted track= 100 sets.
- SG/BG Scissor Crossover for ballasted /Ballastless track= 5 sets.
- Supply credentials for successfully completed works or substantially completed works shall be taken into consideration for meeting work experience criteria but supply completion certificate for the quantities will be mandatory.
- The Bidder shall furnish documentary evidence to demonstrate that it meets the following experience requirement(s):
- Supply completion certificate/work experience certificate issued by Purchaser/user department will be mandatory.
- Bidder shall furnish year wise and consignee wise details of supply during the last seven years ending the last day of the month previous to the month of Bid submission.
- The Bidder shall furnish the details of supplies made for the goods being procured in this contract. Details should include a performance certificate which should include purchase order details, name of purchaser, the railway projects/MRTS Project, where used/being used, the design speed and axle load of the section, quantity of Turnout supplied and period of supply.
- The details of address, contract person, fax/ e-mail is also to be furnished. Details of supply chain units/manufacturing units/Vendor units who have already supplied Turnouts/Scissors/Components successfully to user Railway Administration in the Past.
Tender document can only be obtained after registration of tenderer on the website https://eprocure.gov.in/eprocure/app
Source: DMRC- Tender