- In a move to enforce best safety practices and to ensure proper functionality of various safety and signalling systems in place, the General Manager visited and reviewed Track renewal works, yards, Points and crossings, Automatic block signals and bridges at important locations during the two day inspection across six divisions of the Southern Railway.
- Shri R. N. Singh, General Manager, Southern Railway conducted inspection at Madurantakam Railway station on 21.06.2023. He conducted a thorough inspection of Complete Track Renewal (CTR) worksite at Madurantakam Yard and reviewed the progress of works.
- Shri Ganesh, Divisional Railway Manager, Chennai Division and other senior Officials also accompanied him. The General Manager also inspected the platforms, reviewed the passenger amenities and facilities available at the station. He inspected Madurantakam Yard, points and crossings at both the ends of the platforms and ensured their functionality.
- In Tiruchchirappalli Division, the General Manager conducted an inspection at Vriddhachalam Railway Station, where he reviewed the passenger amenities.
- He conducted a detailed inspection of the circulating area, booking office etc. The Automatic Block Signalling System at Vriddhachalam was also inspected.
- Later, while proceeding to Tiruchchirappalli, the General Manager inspected Kaveri Bridge No. 383 situated between Srirangam and Ponmalai Stations. Shri Maneesh Agarwal and other Senior Officials accompanied him.
- Shri R.N. Singh General Manager also conducted inspection of Tiruchchirappalli – Madurai Section on 21.06.2023. The inspection of the sectionwas carried out in a Self Propelled Inspection carriage (SPIC) from Tiruchchirappalli.
- He inspected Level Crossing No. 205 and Subway work at level crossing gate No. 303 was also inspected and reviewed the safety measures.
- On reaching Madurai, the General Manager inspected the ongoing station redevelopment works at Madurai Junction Railway Station. He was accompanied by Shri P. Ananth, Divisional Railway Manager, and other Senior Officials during the inspection.
- Shri R. N Singh carried out an inspection of Kaveri Bridge No. 342, a major bridge across Kaveri River near Erode in Salem Division. Shri Pankaj Kumar Sinha, Divisional Railway Manager, Salem and other officials also accompanied him.
- Later, ‘Safety Samvad’ an Interactive Session organised by the Mechanical Department was held at Electric Loco Shed, Erode. During his interaction with the officers and staff, the General Manager stressed that Safety in Train Operation 2023 will remain first and foremost priority and that not even a single aspect of safety should be ignored.
- He also released a Safety Booklet on Do’s and Don’ts for Carriage and Wagon Staff at Salem Division.
- Shri R.N. Singh, General Manager, Southern Railway Inspected the construction of Elephant underpass between Walayar-Ettimadai (‘B” line) along with Shri Yashpal Singh Tomar, DRM/Palakkad and Senior officials in Palakkad Division.
- In Thiruvananthapuram Division, Shri R. N Singh inspected Deep screening work at Thrissur Yard and reviews various ongoing passenger amenities work and Later in the evening GM is likely to inspect the Station Redevelopment works at Ernakulam North Station.
Source: Southern Railway- Press Release | Images Credit: Southern Railway