Mumbai: The MMRC (Mumbai Metro Rail Corporation) on Thursday achieved two breakthroughs at two different places for Colaba-Bandra-SEEPZ Metro-3 corridor. The first breakthrough took place at Vidhan Bhavan metro station and the second at Vidyanagari south shaft.
- MMRC on Thursday tweeted,“MMRC’s PKG 1 delivers its first breakthrough at #VidhanBhavan metro station. 95 m long TBM Surya 1 began its Upline journey at #CuffeParade & tunnelled across 1.2 Kms to reach its destination.”
- “A Robbins make 600 MT weighing TBM Surya 1 started its initial drive on 10th Aug 18 and used 823 rings to complete it’s journey installing at an Avg of 7 Rings per day in its main drive”, MMRC said in another tweet.
- Immediately in the 2nd tweet, it stated, “TBM Godavari- 4 delivers 12th breakthrough for MMRC & a 3rd one for PKG 5 at Vidyanagari south shaft. With this Metro 3 today accomplished 2 breakthroughs in a day with first one being at #VidhanBhavan stn this morning.”
- “A Terratac make 82 m long TBM Godavari-4 began tunneling from BKC north shaft on 24th Oct 18 & tunneled across 889 m for 176 days at an avg of 5 m/day to reach Vidyanagari.”
- “MMRC completes 5 Kms of cumulative tunneling in PKG 5. TBMs Godavari – 1, 2,3 & 4 achieved this feat tunneling between #BKC #Vidyanagari #Santacruz & #CSMIA Domestic metro station,” MMRC said in another tweet.
All Image Credit: MMRC
MMRC awards Tunnel ventilation and Environmental Control System Works contract for Aarey to BKC section for Mumbai Metro Line-3
Date: Feb 19, 2019
Mumbai: MMRC has awarded Contract for the “Tunnel Ventilation system and Environmental control system” Phase 1 works for the section Aarey to BKC for its ColabaBandra-Seepz Corridor of Mumbai Metro Line-3 (MML-3) project after obtaining clearance from JICA (Japan International Cooperation Agency) as per procurement norms.
‘Shanghai Tunnel Engineering Corporation Ltd. (STEC)’ has been awarded the Tunnel Ventilation system and Environmental control system” works for Package 15 (Phase 1) being the most competitive amongst the respective bidders. The works consist of Design, Manufacture, Supply, Installation, Testing and Commissioning along with other associated works for the sectionAarey to BKC.
Tunnel Ventilation System (TVS) is critical life safety system that will protect passengers during fire & smoke emergencies in the stations/tunnels. Tunnel Ventilation System (TVS) lowers tunnel air temperature during normal & Congested conditions and provides smoke management in tunnel during train fire emergency.
Environmental Control System (ECS) Supplying fresh air for the physiological needs of passengers, removing body heat, obnoxious odours and harmful gases like carbon dioxide exhaled during breathing, 24×7 cooling system for critical operating rooms, smoke extraction at station during emergency conditions Commenting on the same, Managing Director MMRC, Ms.
Ashwini Bhide said, “Tunnel Ventilation and Environmental Control System” is a critical component of Metro Line 3 implementation for Passenger comfort and safety. We aim to implement robust and technologically advanced system and complete the works in time so that Metro Line-3 project can be completed in stipulated timelines.
Source : MMRC
To know more about recent developments of Mumbai Metro –
( Please reach us at email@example.com for more information. )