The Uttar Pradesh government has allocated Rs 286 crore for the Agra Metro Rail Project in its Budget 2020-21. The budget presented in the state Assembly on Tuesday, the government has laid emphasis on developing metro networks, airports and expressways.
- Finance Minister Suresh Kumar Khanna said in his budget speech,”Metro rail service is available in Lucknow, Ghaziabad and Noida. Work of Regional Rapid Transit System from Delhi to Meerut is in progress. An arrangement of Rs 900 crore made for it.”
- Also, an arrangement of Rs 358 crore is proposed for Kanpur Metro Rail Project.
- Besides, there are proposals for Metro Rail projects in Gorakhpur and other cities and an arrangement of Rs 200 crore is proposed for the purpose.
- The Agra Metro rail project will have two corridors.
- The metro rail will pass through the heart of the city and connect prominent tourist places like the Taj Mahal, Agra Fort and Sikandra, as well as the interstate bus terminal, railway station, medical college and others.
- The estimated cost of the Agra metro project is Rs 8,379.62 crore.
- The Agra Metro rail project is expected to be completed in 5 years.