- The contract agreement was signed by Mr. Rajesh Chaturvedi, Director (Systems and Operations), CMRL and Mr. Raghavendran Murali, (Head Communication, Smart World & Communication Business Unit, M/s Larsen and Toubro Limited.
- The work includes a Telecommunication system for 27 Stations and 1 Depot. The System provides facilities like Optical Fibre Network, Passenger Information Display, Public Address, CCTV Surveillance, Access Control Systems for control and monitoring of train operations from the Operational Control Centre (OCC).
- Mr. A. Sankaramurthi (Dy Advisor S&T), Mr. C. Murugamoorthy (Team Leader, GC), Mr. S. Jayakumar (Project Manager, L&T), senior officials of CMRL and Larsen & Toubro Limited were present during the occasion.
About Chennai Metro Phase-2:
- Phase-2 expansion has been planned for a length of 118.9 Km network with 128 nos. of Stations. It consists of three Corridors i.e. Corridor -3 – From Madhavaram to SIPCOT (45.8 Km), Corridor -4 – From Lighthouse to Poonamallee Bypass (26.1 Km), Corridor-5- From Madhavaram to Sholinganallur (47 Km).
- The estimated cost of the project is Rs. 63246/- Crore (Rupees Sixty three thousand two hundred and forty six only) (including IDC). The project is proposed to be completed by the end of 2026.
Source: CMRL- Press Release | Image Credit: Chennai Metro