Delhi Metro Rail Corporation Limited (DMRC) has floated open e-tenders from eligible applicants, who fulfil qualification criteria for Engagement of consultant for preparation of Influence Zone Plan (IZP) for Mukundpur and Dwarka Sector-21 TOD Nodes.
- Tender Reference Number: CS/IZP-01
- Name of Work: Engagement of consultant for preparation of Influence Zone Plan (IZP) for Mukundpur and Dwarka Sector-21 TOD Nodes.
- EMD: INR 3,35,000/-
- Completion Period: 12 Months
- Document Download/Sale Start Date: 18th Oct, 2023
- Document Download/Sale End Date: 20th Nov, 2023
- Pre Bid Meeting Date: 27th Oct, 2023
- Bid Submission Start Date: 13th Nov, 2023
- Bid Submission End Date: 20th Nov, 2023
- Tender Opening Date: 21st Nov, 2023
Delhi Metro Rail Corporation Limited (DMRC), a joint venture of the Government of India (GOI) and the Government of the National Capital Territory of Delhi (GNCTD) implementing the Delhi Metro Rail Projects. DMRC has been nominated as a Developing Entity to prepare Influence Zone Plans for Mukundpur and Dwarka Sector 21 TOD nodes.
The TOD policy has been notified vide gazette notification no. CG-DL-E-13042021-226554 dated 13.04.2021, lists several TOD nodes. An area of 500m radius from the centre of specified metro station is identified as an intense development zone and the area up to further 800 m radius is defined as development zone. TOD policy stipulates that before projects can be taken up in the development and intense development zone around TOD node, a comprehensive Influence Zone Plan needs to be prepared and approved by DDA.
IZP is essentially a Master Plan of the stipulated area which is prepared in line with the development control norms specified in the TOD policy. Once the IZP is approved, land owners or development entities with minimum One Hectare land can take up individual projects for development and avail benefits of higher FAR as per policy.
Objective of the Consultancy Assignment:
DMRC invites Proposals (the “Proposals”) for selection of consultant who shall “prepare an Influence Zone Plan (IZP) for the TOD Planning Area of identified TOD Node(s) according to Transit Oriented Development Policy and Regulation for NCT of Delhi have been notified & published in the Gazette of India, S. O. 3063(E) dt. 30thJuly 2021 and S.O. 1582(E) dt. 13th April 2021 respectively.
Influence Zone Plan (IZP) is an integrated plan, prepared for the TOD Planning Area. This will be customised to the site characteristics and context of each TOD Node, detailing various area improvement works such as road widening (if required for infrastructure augmentation), upgrading public streets to include multi-utility zones, and facilities for IPT, pedestrian and NMT facilities, multi-modal integration, provision of public parking, urban furniture, signage, public conveniences, street vending zones and others. An approved IZP for a TOD Node is a prerequisite for submission and sanction of any TOD Scheme(s) in the area around that Node.
Scope of Works:
The IZP broadly comprises of preparation of following plans / proposals (checklist annexed as Annexure ‘A’) clearly representing the concepts of walkability, pedestrian movement, last-mile connectivity, locations of public utilities, vending zones, augmentation of infrastructure services etc. which shall be further utilised for approval and development of various TOD schemes falling in the Influence Zone of Mukundpur and Dwarka Sector-21 TOD node.
Delineation and finalisation of TOD planning area and intense development area boundaries around identified TOD nodes superimposed on the Digital (DGPS/ Total Station Survey) Survey Plan / GIS based map of the area.
Boundary of TOD Planning Area (TPA) to be delineated around identified TOD node, which is a notional area of 800m radius around the node. Actual boundaries to be delineated based on the physical boundary features.
Boundary of TOD Intense Development Area (IDA) to be delineated around identified TOD node, which is a notional area of 500m radius around the node. Actual boundaries to be delineated based on the physical boundary features.
Digital/GIS plans overlaid on Zonal Development Plan/Development Plan/Layout Plan of the area:
- Identifying land use of each plot within Intense Development Area including recommendations on any change of land use requirements to maximise TOD benefits.
- Ascertaining different proposals contained in Zonal Development Plan including widening of roads
Calculation of Population density:
- Existing and overall population density to be achieved on implementation of TOD within the Intense Development Area and other development(s) coming up / likely to come up in future
- Expected diurnal changes in floating population due to visitors, workers, etc.
- FAR distribution calculation as per TOD policy / Redevelopment
Traffic management plan and simulation model – Motorized and Non-Motorized Traffic Circulation Plan:
- Traffic Surveys and projections
- Existing Traffic flow and access by different modes – Level of Service
- Within the influence area and through traffic
- Ingress and egress to the scheme from Influence area
- Impact of redevelopment /TOD development and traffic flow expected – Resultant Level of Service
- Parking Plan and identification of areas for MLCP, surface parking, basement parking etc.
- Existing facilities in the influence area
- Projected parking needs (including the floating population)
- Recommendations for improvement of transport infrastructure, through road widening or upgrading public streets for facilities for IPT, pedestrian / walkability concept, and NMT/ Cycle Lanes, multi-modal integration, multi-utility zones, provision of public parking, street furniture, signage, etc.
The Tenderers will be qualified only if they have successfully completed similar work(s) during the last ten years (10) ending the last day of the month previous to the month of tender submission as given below.
The following conditions related to experience and projects implemented need to be fulfilled by the Bidder:
- At least 10 years experience in feasibility studies & design of traffic & transportation projects including detailed master planning & urban designing / Comprehensive consultancy of urban real estate projects (such as integrated residential or commercial or industrial townships, Transit Oriented Development Projects, station redevelopment etc.).
- The Bidder must have experience of having successfully completed at least 02 (Two) assignments in India as detailed above during last 10 (ten)) years with Urban Design / Urban transport planning project area of >=30 ha *. Each reckoned from the date of publication of this RFP.
- Average annual financial turnover from consultancy services of Rs. 2.68 Crore and above for the last 3 consecutive financial years (not including audit/ tax advisory, property mgmt., IT advisory). In case the bidder is DMRC’s existing Consultant, the Consultant is required to submit the details by duly filling up Annexure 2. In case the bidder is not an existing Consultant of DMRC, the fact shall be clearly stated in the Annexure.
- A JV/consortium of maximum 2 firms is permitted.
Tender document can only be obtained after registration of tenderer on the website https://eprocure.gov.in/eprocure/app
Source: DMRC- Tender | Image Credit (representational): DMRC