Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi will visit Maharashtra and Goa on 11th December to lay foundation stone and dedicate to the nation projects worth Rs. 75,000 crores in Maharashtra.
- To revolutionise urban mobility in Nagpur, PM to dedicate Nagpur Metro phase I to the Nation and lay the foundation stone of Nagpur Metro phase II.
- PM to flag off Vande Bharat Express connecting Nagpur and Bilaspur.
- Foundation stone for redevelopment of Nagpur Railway Station and Ajni Railway Station to be laid by the Prime Minister.
- At around 9:30 AM, the Prime Minister will reach Nagpur Railway Station where he will flag off Vande Bharat Express. At around 10 AM, the Prime Minister will take a Metro ride from Freedom Park Metro station to Khapri Metro Station, where he will dedicate ‘Nagpur Metro Phase I’ to the nation.
- During the programme, he will also lay the foundation stone of ‘Nagpur Metro phase- II’. At around 10:45 AM, the Prime Minister will inaugurate Phase – I of Samruddhi Mahamarg connecting Nagpur and Shirdi and undertake a tour of the highway.
- In yet another step that will revolutionise urban mobility, the Prime Minister will dedicate ‘Nagpur Metro Phase I’ to the nation.
- He will flag off two metro trains – from Khapri to Automotive Square (Orange Line) and from Prajapati Nagar to Lokmanya Nagar (Aqua line) – at Khapri Metro Station.
- The Phase I of the Nagpur Metro is developed at a cost of more than Rs 8650 crore. The Prime Minister will also lay the foundation stone of Nagpur Metro Phase- II, which will be developed at a cost of more than Rs 6700 crore.
- At Nagpur Railway station, the Prime Minister will flag off Vande Bharat Express that will run between Nagpur and Bilaspur.
- At the public function in Nagpur, the Prime Minister will lay the foundation stone for redevelopment of Nagpur Railway Station and Ajni Railway Station, to be redeveloped at a cost of about Rs 590 crore and Rs 360 crore respectively.
- The Prime Minister will dedicate the Government Maintenance Depot, Ajni (Nagpur) and Kohli-Narkher Section of Nagpur- Itarsi Third line project to the Nation.
- These projects have been developed at a cost of about Rs 110 crore and about Rs 450 crore respectively.
Source: PIB- Press Release | Image Credit (representational): MoR