In order to enhance Railway infrastructure and assist in urban decongestion, Northern Railways has converted the existing Rohtak-Gohana Railway line into a 4.8 km long elevated track. The elevated railway track project was launched by Chief Minister of Haryana, Manohar Lal Khattar. Now the work on the line is almost complete and it will be commissioned in the next three months.
- This new elevated railway track will control the major problem of traffic jams across Rohtak.
- The said Railway line was going through the heart of the city.
- There are four level crossings on this line within the town limits.
- This resulted in heavy traffic congestions as the level crossing gates would often be closed.
- It also jeopardized movement of rail traffic, compromising safety and speed of trains and inconvenienced the road users.
- Now the track has been elevated this has eliminated the level crossings which will be a big relief to the people of Rohtak.
- With the commissioning of the line, Railways will be able to smoothly operate trains on this important route.
- Speed of trains in this section will also be increased.
- The Railways and the Government of Haryana together working on the project, have spent Rs. 315 Crore in total, with the state contributing Rs. 225 Crore.
- With this a long standing demand of the people of Rohtak has been fulfilled by the Railways.
About Rohtak-Gohana elevated track:
- The foundation stone for construction of 4.8 km elevated railway line on Rohtak-Gohana section was laid by then Railway Minister Shri Suresh Prabhu, to ensure smooth traffic on road and track.
- This project envisages to provide safety for road-users in Rohtak.
- It would help in decongesting Rohtak city, provide safety to road users by eliminating 5 busy level crossings connecting residential colonies and enable operational flexibility for the Railways.
- This is the first ever elevated rail track built by the Railways.
Source: PIB-Press Release | Image Credit: Piyush goyal office- Twitter