Share with your network
- Now passengers can purchase unreserved tickets from one part of the country to another through the Unreserved Ticketing System (UTS) mobile application on their smartphones.
- The unreserved ticket can now be booked in long distance trains for all stations through UTS mobile application subject to availability. Previously purchasing of unreserved tickets through UTS mobile application could be done only for passengers travelling within a specific zone.
- As a part of Digital India initiative and with a view to promote three C’s – Contact less ticketing, Cashless transaction & Customer convenience & experience, booking tickets through UTS mobile application will be more suitable for passengers.
- They can avoid long queues in counters to book their tickets and avail all types of digital payment options. Moreover, booking tickets through the UTS mobile application is paperless and environmentally friendly.
- In addition, booking & renewal of seasonal tickets and purchasing platform tickets can be done through this application. Once a ticket is booked, it can be viewed in offline mode without any internet connection for making the journey.
- The UTS mobile application is available across both Android & IOS platforms and can be downloaded/installed free of cost from the respective play stores. The UTS mobile application has been widely appreciated for its usability as well as customer interface.
- N. F. Railway has already allotted unreserved coaches in 94 pairs of long distance mail/express trains so that passengers can undertake journeys from one station to another apart from other short distance passenger/express trains. N. F. Railway urges its passengers to travel responsibly with valid tickets only.
Source: Northeast Frontier Railway -Press Release | Image Credit (representational): MoR