RITES Limited, a Public Sector Enterprise under the Ministry of Railways has issued a Letter of Acceptance (LoA) to M/s Rajesh Kumar for Construction of formation work, insertion of Turnouts, track linking work including supply of track ballast and Glued Joints etc. for NI work at Kotarlia Railway Station, for NTPC-Lara Raigarh (Chhattisgarh).
- Tender Reference Number: 02/LT/23-24/RITES/PU-BSP/NTPC-LARA/KRL-NI
- Name of Work: Construction of formation work, insertion of Turnouts, track linking work including supply of track ballast and Glued Joints etc. for NI work at Kotarlia Railway Station, for NTPC-Lara Raigarh (Chhattisgarh).
- Accepted Contract Amount: INR 95,19,732/- (Excluding GST)
- Completion Period: 03 Months
In May 2023, the RITES invited a tender for Tender Number: 02/LT/23-24/RITES/PU-BSP/NTPC-LARA/KRL-NI
Scope of Work:
- Supply of track ballast, Glued joint, AT welding portion etc.
- Construction of formation work, blanketing, laying of plain track with/without blocks, laying of Turnouts with/ without blocks, fixing of glued joints along with AT welding of rails with/without blocks etc.
- Any miscellaneous work required to complete the commissioning of NI work as per direction of Engineer-In-Charge.
- All work shall be done as per railway norms and to the satisfaction of Railway/RITES/NTPC officials.
Inspection of Site by the tenderers:
- Tenderers are advised to inspect and examine the site and its surroundings and satisfy themselves before submitting their Tenders, as to the nature of the ground and subsoil (as far as is practicable), the form and nature of the site, the means of access to the site, local conditions, working hours, working conditions, availability of water, electricity, construction Labour, construction materials and other relevant requirements connected with work, the accommodation they may require and in general shall themselves obtain all necessary information as to risks, contingencies and other circumstances which may influence or affect their Tender.
- A Tenderer shall be deemed to have full knowledge of the site whether he inspects it or not and no extra charges consequent on any misunderstanding or otherwise shall be allowed.
- The Tenderer shall be responsible for arranging and maintaining at his own cost all materials, tools & plants, water, electricity, access, facilities for workers and all other services required for executing the work unless otherwise specifically provided for in the contract documents.
- Submission of a tender by a Tenderer implies that he has read this notice and all other contract documents and has made himself aware of the scope and specifications of the work to be done and of conditions and rates at which stores, tools and plant etc. will be issued to him by the Employer and local conditions and other factors having a bearing on the execution of the Work.
Eligibility Criteria for Participation in this Tender:
- Subject to provisions in the Tender Document, participation in this Tender Process is open to all domestic bidders who fulfil the “Eligibility” and Qualification criteria as prescribed in this tender document.
- Bidder should meet the following eligibility criteria as of the date of his bid submission and should continue to meet these till the award of the contract. Bidder shall be required to declare fulfilment of Eligibility Criteria in proforma-1.
- The Bidder, unless otherwise stipulated in the tender documents should meet following Eligibility Criteria:
- The Bidder should be a Private or Government Owned legal entity (individual, proprietary firm, firm in partnership, limited company (Private or Public Sector) or corporation).
- The Bidder should not be (or proposes to be), a Joint Venture, unless permitted explicitly as per clause 2.4 hereinafter and Critical Data Sheet
- Bidders should have valid registration with Employees Provident Fund organisation under EPF and Miscellaneous Provisions Act, 1952”.
- Only Class -I Local Suppliers, as defined in Make-in-India policy, unless otherwise mentioned in these documents.
- Only those contractors/ bidders, who commit themselves to Integrity Pact as per details in Clause 11.2 herein under, would be considered competent to participate in the bidding process.
- In other words, entering into this Pact would be a preliminary qualification. Any bid not accompanied by Integrity Pact duly signed by the bidder shall be considered to be a nonresponsive bid and shall be rejected straight away.
- The Bidder should not have a conflict of interest, which substantially affects fair competition. The Bidder and any of its affiliates (associates, subsidiary, JV partner), should not have been engaged by the Ministry/Department/RITES/Employer to provide consultancy services for the preparation or implementation of this project.
- The prices quoted should be competitive and without adopting any unfair/ unethical/ anti- competitive means. No attempt should be made to induce any other bidder to submit or not to submit an offer for restricting competition.
- The Bidder should not be insolvent, in receivership, bankrupt or being wound up, not have its affairs administered by a court or a judicial officer, not have its business activities suspended and must not be the subject of legal proceedings for any of these reasons.
- The Bidder should not have been declared as a Poor Performer by RITES and their names should not currently be in the „Negative List‟ of RITES.
- The Bidder (including their affiliates or subsidiaries or Contractors/subcontractors for any part of the contract) should not be currently declared ineligible/suspended/ blacklisted/ banned/ debarred by RITES or by any Central/State Government Department/ Public Undertaking or Enterprise of Central/State Government and suchban should not be in force at the time of submission of the Bid or extended deadline for submission of bid.
- The Bidder should not have an association (as a bidder/ partner/ director/employee in any capacity) with:
- The near relations (defined as first blood relations, and their spouses, of the Bidder or the bidder’s spouse) of persons involved in decision making in the Procurement as mentioned in Clause 17.1 hereinafter.
- Of retired Gazetted or equivalent rank Officers of the Central or State Government or its Public Sector Undertakings as defined in clause 17.1 hereinafter
- The Bidder must fulfil any other additional eligibility condition, if so prescribed,elsewhere in the Tender Document.
- The Bidder should provide such evidence of their continued eligibility to the Employer/ RITES Ltd if so requested.
About RITES Limited:
- RITES Limited is a Miniratna (Category – I) Schedule ‘A’ Public Sector Enterprise and a leading player in the transport consultancy and engineering sector in India, having diversified services and geographical reach.
- The company has an experience spanning 49 years and has undertaken projects in over 55 countries in Asia, Africa, Latin America, South America, and the Middle East region.
Source: RITES- Tender Update | Image Credit (representational): Southern Railway